{Albert Wesker x Reader} - Stress Relieving Nicotine

Movie/Game : Based before Resident Evil 1/ N/a

--------------------

As the time at work slowly ticked by, it just seemed like even with that on your mind it wasn't enough to take your stress up and off of your shoulders that weighed down on you so much. The weight of the world seemed to press down on you from what it felt like as the minutes ticked by upon the clock. Each breath feeling like a struggle against the suffocating grip of stress and anxiety that always seemed to be there no matter how hard you attempted to side track yourself. Each paper you signed or read through, target practice down in the lower levels of the building to train your shot a bit better. Even listening to the Chief as he went on and on about how the coffee machine was broken and needed to be fixed otherwise someone would be fired. Nothing seemed to drag your thoughts away that plagued you, nothing would keep them away long enough to satisfy your overthinking mind just for a moment to grant yourself some longing peace you were looking for.

You needed to escape, if only for a moment, from the suffocating confines of your own mind. Thinking just some time to yourself outside would be enough even though there was nothing to take your mind off of anything besides the sounds of the city that surrounded you here in the place you could call home. Stepping outside into the frigid embrace of the winter air, you sought solace in the quiet solitude of the snowy landscape outside of the police building you spent the majority of your time in during the week with your close friends and team you trusted almost anything with.

A soft sigh escaped your lips as the door slowly came to a shut behind you once you stepped outside onto the platform for the fire escape. The cold air sent shivers down your spine as the soft white snow flakes seemed to fall delicately from the gray skies above. The scenery was beautiful, even in the city with the lights and the loud cars, the loud conversations of the citizens down below and the dogs barking from the ruckus. It could seem like paradise when it really wanted to. You tore your eyes away from the skies above, taking a few steps further to the edge as you sat your elbows against the cold railing for just a moment. Thankful for your sleeves on your jacket to keep you warm out here. Taking a second, you closed your eyes as you took in the sounds around you. A deep breath in and out before you reached down to grab a hold of the cigarette box that laid within your pocket with the lighter that always traveled with it no matter what.

The box felt smooth against your cold finger tips as you tapped the side before opening the top. Gazing inside to realize you were running short on your stress relieving nicotine sticks inside that you had relied on a bit too heavily recently. Your fingers plucked the cigarette from the box softly, bringing it up to your lips as it lightly rested against them while you shoved your cigarette box back within your pocket where it had belonged. As the lighter was pulled out next the top was flicked to the side, running your thumb over the spark wheel in order to catch the small flame you needed and yearned for in order to relieve yourself finally. Yet with each flick, sparks seemed to form yet didn't even catch. A grumble escaped your lips as you brought your other hand forward to hide the flame from the cool winter breeze. Thinking it was the root of all of your problems when in truth it wasn't that either.

"Great...just great" You murmured to yourself as fog escaped from your lips when you spoke to yourself. Laying your head against your forearm as your other arm rested against the railing still while clutching the lighter within your grasp. A soft laugh escaped your lips, not one filled with humor and happiness, no rather one that sounded like it was filled with defeat at the irony that you couldn't even light a cigarette to help your needs out here. Your lighter was broken, or out of lighter fluid, either way you couldn't smoke your cigarette like you had wanted at that irritated you even more than you had originally imagined the more you stood out here in the cold with no purpose since the original reason was now stomped on before it even came to be.