{Zoe Baker x Reader} - Antidote

Movie/Game : Resident Evil 7
————————

The night had been one hell of a ride was all you could say. Thinking tagging along with your brother to go and pick up his wife after three years of her being gone would have been relatively easy. You had your thoughts about this whole thing, questioning as to why she would show up three years later after being gone for so long. What even happened in that time and why your brother was just so trusting of her as if her being gone without a trace wasn't wrong. But you didn't say anything to him, you felt in a way you couldn't. The thought of damaging your brother's hope after so long of being away from his wife hurt you more than you could have said. His voice on the phone sounded genuinely exciting when he had called you so early in the morning, telling you the news and if you would want to go with. So like any good family member you joined him to make sure he was safe in the process from well everything. Never thinking the night would lead to this nightmarish place on earth that you would encounter.

In all your years of living you could safely say any time you have felt scared or just at any time riddled with fear was an understatement compared to the night you experienced. Knowing the moment you stepped on the property your hair raised on your forearms and this sick feeling sunk in your stomach as you walked along with Ethan through the forest. You should have listened to your senses then, oh you sure wish you should have. Just grabbed your brother by the collar, told him to call the police to investigate the place and you would leave because why the hell would she be in a place like that. Yet the more you mentally curse yourself out in current time it wasn't worth it since you were already knee deep through this agony that faced you.

It started out with finding Mia, then you realized she was acting way out of character once you found her in a cell of all places. Following your brother's lead to find a way out of there with his wife safely only for her to start attacking you both. Then the torture from the Baker's, a house full of horrors around every corner. You weren't safe, there was no way you were in the house anywhere or even outside for that matter. One moment you get your ankle chopped off then the next you are fighting these weird mold creatures that climb up the debts of the basement. You watch your brother get his hand chopped off and is force fed food that looked like it climbed out of the swamp and was regurgitated from a croc's belly. It was hell, there was no other way to even explain it because you thought it wasn't real at first. There was no way to explain it to anyone really what you had gone through unless they saw it themselves the trauma you faced to get here to this very moment. 

Bloody, beaten and exhausted you ran throughout the night, back and forth finding keys and ammo, guns and knives. Searching for the two pieces that could be used to make a serum from what Zoe had told you over the phone. The only person you felt like had a level head here even over your brother as he was still set on finding Mia. Until finally it led up to this moment in time, both items were found and acquired as you raced across the swamp to the boat house. 

It was a matter of time before you climbed the stairs, your pulse racing as you reached the top and pushed through the door. Your eyes landed upon both of them, tied up on the dirty floor. She had a soft look on her face as she glanced over her shoulder at you. For the first time you see each other throughout all your phone calls. This was the girl you grew a liking to on the phone, you couldn't express how happy you were as you took a few steps forward.

"Z-Zoe...it's really you"

"It's nice to finally see the real you Y/n even under these circumstances...but now isn't the best time for greetings I'm afraid" She replied with a warm grin, as she seemed to sigh softly. the sound of your brother came into the room. His eyes went back and forth between his wife and the girl you were lucky to have to help you both out this whole time.