{Chris Redfield x Reader} - Fall

Movie/Game : Resident Evil 5
-----------------------

It had been a long long few days for you was all you could say at the point where you were now. Being a part of the B.S.A.A had its advantages and its downfalls with certain situations and timing. Currently you were on a mission with your partner Chris and your guide Sheva in Africa. A place you never thought you would visit in your lifetime, but instead of relaxing you were on urgent business as per usual. It was an eventful day you could say, arriving at the village just to be attacked by people infected with a new strain of a virus released in the villages. Leading you on a wild goose chase around the area in order to figure out what was going on. You wouldn't have thought that in a day and a half almost that you would travel across the village territories, across the swamp land and through a mining facility all the way to where you were now. Fighting off the villagers, crocodiles, mutated bats and more to make it to where you were currently. Underground and closed off from escaping the area, feeling trapped and finally fed up with the area around you.

Sweat dripped down your forehead as you walked down the stairs and through the stone corridor just to have the doors shut behind you. After going through many different traps and ongoing assaults by the monsters that hunted you three throughout the day and night. You just wanted a break from it all yet it seemed as though when there was finally a breakthrough something else had to happen to you three to ruin that time.

You stood there, your hands on your knees to try and take in a breath after fighting for so long. You were tired and fed up with everything going on, you knew you had to be there for Chris and for Sheva. This job was tedious and you understood that which was why you kept your opinion to yourself on how you were feeling. Not wanting to seem annoying with your constant thoughts about this situation sucking and wanting to go home. This job gives you a chance to stop bioterrorism from reaching people. To help save the population from outside influence that wanted to shape the world into their own ideas. So if it meant you were on a wild goose chase to stop something from happening then you would stick through the pain until they were stopped. That's when you could truly relax and catch your breath once the job was done.

"Where are we now Chris?" You asked as you looked up at him, he seemed focused as he glanced around the new area you three were now stuck in. He held his hand out to you, glad fully taking it you stood back up and wiped the sweat from your brow on your forearm.

"Seems we are trapped in an underground tunnel with only one way forward, come on let's go this way" he replied as he began walking away with you beside him. The tunnel was dimly lit with torches that lined the wall unevenly. It gives you anxiety even standing down here with the condition of the place to begin with. Maybe even a touch of claustrophobia on the side from how tight the hallway was with the constant reminder of how you were trapped and underground for that matter. You placed your gun in your holster, trying to keep your mind off of things. Escaping was what you needed to keep on your mind so you could find a way out of here and leave this place behind. As you kept your pace with Chris you suddenly felt your stomach drop as you glanced at the floor ahead of you. A pressure plate was buried in the floor just a step a head, which would activate god knows what to kill you.

"Chris wait, don't step there it's-" As you spoke he stepped forward, the button sunk in to the floor by his weight.

"A trap" you finished your sentence, feeling the floor shake around you as you stood there just behind him. It sounded as if the walls were caving in around you, as you glanced over your shoulder you soon came to realize that you guessed it was close enough. The decorative pillars that lined the sides of the tunnel started to come down one by one. The dust filled the air as they hit the floor with a loud crash as one came down after the other. Your eyes widened as you took off into a sprint beside your partners down the hall. Not brave enough to look behind you since there was no time to check how far you were from getting smashed. Your legs ached as you ran as fast as you could, your arms pumping at your sides as your lungs gave out already from the speed you were at. To your dismay this wasn't the end of it, as you ran you watched as the floor gave out ahead of you. Leaving a huge hole in your path, simultaneously you jumped and contained your speed together as you turned the corner just to be met with the same hold in the ground a head.