{Leon Kennedy x Reader} - Blind Dates

Movie/Game : N/A

--------------------

The restaurant was quite empty now that you got a good look at the place you were currently in. Sitting at your table that was supposed to be for two and turned so quickly into a table for one once your date arrived and saw you. Doing things like this wasn't your specialty and it wasn't your idea either. Claire encouraged you to go out and do more things like this when you spoke with her on the phone last. Listening to her stories of her new job on the phone while you told her a few of yours while you worked for the government with Leon. The three of you formed a bond after your days in Raccoon City, seeming to carry that friendship you formed even after you parted ways. While She went her own way to find her brother your path stayed the same as Leon's once you left the city. But even though your path was the same, your decisions on other things were different. Like closing yourself off to dating life because of your work, which was found out by Claire through phone calls you have shared with her over time.

Blind dates were something you never thought you would go on per say, it just wasn't your cup of tea. Yet after hearing her over and over again say you needed to get out there more you obliged and went along with her plan. Letting her do what she wanted in order to set you up for a dinner date with a guy that could be the one for you or not. Nervous was an understatement for you as you arrived, ordering a table for your date to show up and waited. Thinking in your mind how this night could possibly go as soon as you meet each other. Thinking of what he would look like or why Claire would think he would be a good match for you. Nonetheless you resisted the urge to text her to call off the date and waited. 

Ten minutes went by past the time he was supposed to meet, it was alright you wouldn't judge. In all fairness you were surprised you even got the time off to even go along with her plan. The schedule of an agent for the United states government was usually packed. But tonight you managed to slip in that you would be busy and would return to work the following day. As another few minutes went by a man walked in with average attire, asking the waitress where you might be. His eyes found you as he smiled, gazing at you up and down until he stepped closer and that's when his face fell somewhat. 

You smiled and shook his hand, telling him your name and what you did for a living. He did the same, gulping down a drink already in only the first few minutes he spoke with you. Yet it seemed like he couldn't stop staring in a bad way, his eyes weren't searching over your body like you were attractive it was almost like in disgust. You asked why he was staring after a couple minutes of awkwardness between you both. Thinking there was just something he was confused about and you could clear up. Yet what he asked through you off completely,

"Why do you have such ugly scars on you, don't you want to cover them up? They aren't attractive at all?" He asked as he pointed at you where you sat. Your face held a confused stare, wondering why he had such a problem with the marks of your past. Your hand touched the scar across your cheek as you turned your head. Unsure as to why you felt so insecure now about yourself. Never did you think that your scars were unattractive, it wasn't like you caused them either. They were from Raccoon city, simple mishaps that caused more damage then it should have. The scar on your face and the marks across your forearm reminded you of that place every day. At first making you feel like you were carrying a burden, but you built yourself up to see them as a trophy for making it out of there in one piece. Yet now it was as if you were taking steps back into that darkness in your mind once more.

After that you turned quiet, trying to cover yourself as best you could as if it would fix your date. Yet in his mind it was already over with as he commented on them once more. Apologizing to you that he wouldn't date someone with scars like that, that no one would before slamming his money down on the table before leaving. The restaurant was silent as you sat there, avoiding anyone's gaze as you just kept your head down at your table. Removing your phone from your jacket you pulled up Claire's contact. The text bubble formed as you typed out that your date was a bust again. That you were going to have a drink and head home.