Chapter 2: The Road to the Unknown

(2nd Person's POV)

A month later...

Ever since that incident with the boy, you couldn't stop thinking about him every day, every night, every hour, every minute, and every second.

It drove you nuts!

"What's wrong with me?! Why do I keep thinking about him?! I can't get him out of my head!" You thought, insanely ruffling your hair. This felt like some stupid romance series where the person falls in love at first sight. However, those are just shows with actors. You, in real life, weren't interested in this whole love life thingy. All you care about is just having fun playing video games, and that's it. Sure, you have other hobbies besides sitting in front of a screen all day; sometimes you enjoy art.

"Damn it, I don't even know his name! This doesn't make any sense!" you mumbled, frustrated.

After a long, hurtful thinking, you decided to ask Emiko and Ren for some advice. Though you never liked asking anyone about anything or for anything, but it was your last resort to know what's going on with you.

This is going to be one weird conversation tomorrow.

-

The next day...

Ren and Emiko were talking while you were thinking about how to ask them, or even whether to ask them. It's not like it would be the end of the world, maybe it's just a phase or something. It's not like you got anything to lose. Letting out a sigh of defeat, the two girls gazed at you.

"Are? Kaya-Chan, you okay? You hardly said anything today" Ren asked, raising her brows.

"She's always quiet, Ren! Almost as quiet as an owl" Emiko replied, rolling her eyes with a smirk.

"Hey, I'm not an ow-...okay, so, I need your opinions...about something" you retorted Emiko's remark, but stopped mid-sentence and sighed. The blonde and the purple-haired girl looked at each other with confused faces.

"Umm...when you constantly think about someone for like a month or more, does that mean that you like them?" You asked, nervously. Emiko and Ren stared at you for a moment before their eyes went wide, and gasped in unison with sparkling eyes.

"OMG! Who's the lucky guy?!" Emiko asked, excitedly. "Yeah, Kaya-Chan! Spill it!" Ren beamed, staring directly at your eyes. You were a blushing and stuttering mess, and your face felt so hot smoke was coming out of your ears!

"Wait! Is it that boy you bumped into the other day??" Emiko asked, you bit your lip and slowly nodded.

"Well, why don't you just confess to him?" Ren asked.

"W-WHAT?!" you screamed in disbelief.

"That's true, do it before it's too late and gets taken by another girl!!" Emiko said, dramatically while shaking your shoulders. You pushed Emiko away softly and sighed, seeing that their advice didn't seem to please you.

"I can't just walk up to him and tell him! We never talked before except on that day! I don't even know his name!" you protested.

"Hmmm, you've got a point here. But it's still a chance for you to talk to him and get to know him before telling him how you feel!" Emiko stated, tapping her chin.

"That's right!" Ren nodded in agreement, you were about to respond when the teacher walked in.

"Alright, class, sit down. We're starting a new lesson today. And after that, I'd like to talk about the class project" the teacher said, causing the students to whine and complain.