Chapter 78: Deep Down in the Ocean

(Soma's POV)

This is terrible, she got angry and it's all my fault! I just don't wanna see her hurt, ever!

Whatever the real reason is, Isshiki-Senpai definitely has something to do with it. Even though her mouth said otherwise, her eyes were screaming the truth...

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. "What do I do, now?" I thought, asking myself.

I went back to the dorm and found everyone already gathered in Marui's room, goofing around and drinking rice juice.

I saw Isshiki-Senpai with nothing but his apron, again. Somehow, we live at the same dorm with that weirdo...

I glared daggers at the brown-haired Senpai, until he looked to my direction as if he knew that I was staring.

I tried to act all normal and happy as usual. "Hey, guys!" I greeted with a grin. "Soma-Kun, where's (Y/N)? Wasn't she with you a while ago?" Tadokoro asked.

"Ah, yeah...she...went to her room" I responded nervously. "Be right back!" I said and ran to my room quickly.

I leaned my back on the door, sliding down. It was so quiet. Marui's room was a few doors away. But still, the sound of the silence was louder.

Suddenly, I heard someone. It sounded like that person was crying, but it was all muffled. Probably to keep anyone from hearing it.

"(Y/N)..." I whispered her name. I sat on my bed, head leaning against the wall. All I kept hearing was the sounds of her crying...

-

The next day...

(Y/N's POV)

I woke up a little late today, my head hurts...

When I checked the time, it was like...8:00 am?!

"Damn it, I forgot to set an alarm! Fine, whatever...I needed this sleep anyway" I said to myself while sitting up.

Snow was still sleeping, though. I smiled as I gently caressed his furry head. The sun rays were giving my room the glow of something calm, as if it was saying 'good morning. It's a new day'...

A brand new me was born today. I got up and stretched and took a few deep breaths. When I was done, I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and wore the school uniform and left the room.

"Oh, You already up? The rest had gone to the academy" Fumio-San said, she was sweeping the floor. "Mornin', Fumio-San".

"There's some leftover from breakfast, have some and then go" she said, pointing at the dorm cafeteria. I thanked her and went to make coffee first. I heated up the food and ate it while my head was leaning on my palm.

"I feel so bored..." I mused, picking on my food. I felt like I completely forgot about everything that had happened yesterday. "What's with you being a slow-poke, today?" Fumio-San asked, leaning on the doorway of the cafeteria.

"Nothing, sorry. I-...uh...I'll be going now. See ya!" I shrugged.

I waved goodbye to Fumio-San and went to the academy.

-

Meanwhile...

(Polar Star's POV)

"We're now on day 3 of the 'Autumn Elections Main Tournament'! Yesterday's matches and the fierce Shokugeki between candidate Mimasaka Subaru and candidate Eguchi (Y/N) were astonishing! As candidate Eguchi (Y/N) will now continue through the Autumn Elections!" Urara announced excitedly.