Chapter 52: The Heat of the Smoke

(3rd Person's POV)

"Ugh! Finally, it's weekend! I really need to reeeeeest, I haven't overslept or played games for a while and it's driving me nuts! Fucking cooking school..." you whined and groaned.

Back home, everything was pretty much the same. But as soon you walked in, you were looking for your favourite friend, your kitty Snow.

"Snnoooww! I missed yoooouuu!!" you yelled, chasing him, until you caught him and hugged him.

"Meow~" he purred. "Honey pot! You're back!" a person said, cheerfully. You looked at the lerson and it was your parents.

"Mom! Dad!!" you ran and hugged them tightly. "So, how's Totsuki? Me and your dad heard that you had your first Shokugeki there!" Mayumi asked, smiling.

"That's my little champ! I'm so proud of you!" Masahi said, ruffling your hair.

"Hehe! Well, yeah. Some meat girl we challenged for some reason..." you said, rubbing the back of your head.

Mayumi looked at you with a raised brow. "We?" she asked. "Oh, me and Yukihira Soma! He's my friend, and dormmate. We met at the same day of the entrance exam" you explained.

Masahi crossed his arms, "and you couldn't make any girl-friends??" he asked, not liking the idea of you being 'friends' with a boy.

You sighed, "it's not like that, dad...". Mayumi slightly nudged her husband, "oh, stop it honey! You know how we were when we were young~" she smirked. Masahi clicked his tongue and looked at you.

"Just don't do anything reckless" he sternly said. You rolled your eyes playfully, "I won't, dad. Anyways, I'll be going to my room now". You ran upstairs before they could say anything else.

"Yukihira Soma, huh?" Masahi wondered, putting his hand on his chin.

-

(Masahi's POV)

"Yukihira....Is he who I think he is...?" I thought. It's been a long time since the last time I saw him. While I was deep in my thoughts, Mayumi noticed me spacing out.

"What're you thinking about?" she asked. I flinched and looked at her, "u-uh...it's nothing".

She knew I was lying because she pinched my cheek real hard. "Don't LIE to me! I know there's something! Is it about (Y/N)?" she asked, upsettingly.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!! Let go!! Why you-!" I yelled and then pinched her cheek, she didn't let go of mine.

And now we're fighting like little kids...

-

Meanwhile...

(3rd Person's POV)

You were about to take a shower when you received a text message, from Shun. It startled you, staring at your phone, afraid to even look at it.

"Well, you did a lot of things this year! Going to a cooking school, going on dates..." someone said, you turned around and it was your sister, Satomi.

"How'd you know?!" you asked with furrowed brows. "It's obvious from the way you're staring at your phone! I think whoever the loser you're going out with is waiting for an answer...?" Satomi pointed at your phone, then she left.

You deeply sighed, "he's not a loser...".

You took your phone and opened the text message.

----------------