Chapter 60: Do You Believe in Magic?

(3rd Person's POV)

'Magic', it is a beautiful word. Just when the word hits your mouth, you imagine all the wonderful things that you wish to do, whether to make things, or yourself float, or make a wish come true just like the genie of the lamp.

Everyone knows about magic, and there are two kinds of them: The Good Magic, and The Bad Magic.

Now, it doesn't matter what kind of magic that magicians use. The main question is:

Do you believe in 'magic'?

A beautiful rose, and a colourful rainbow, can be the most magical things one can see...

-

There you are now. Soma, Megumi, and you standing in front of the one and only 'The Legumes Magician', Shinomiya Kojiro.

The location of the Shokugeki was rather strange, a basement. But, it didn't really matter because it wasn't an official Shokugeki. It was more of a, what Dojima Gin had called 'a street fight'.

*Flashback*

"A Shokugeki, eh? Heh, that has a nostalgic ring to it..." the chef cackled.

"What are those idiot transfer students doing?", "They're going up against a graduate, a former No.1 seat on the council of ten!", "What's more, chef Kojiro here is a beast who fights on the front lines of the culinary world!" the murmuring students said.

Chef Shinomiya snickered, "a Shokugeki with individuals who are not currently students is not unheard of. However, a Shokugeki requires the consent of both parties. Sorry, but I'm in no mood to take on a challenge. You can talk all you want, but Tadokoro Megumi and Eguchi (Y/N)'s expulsion is set-..."

"Oh, come on now! Don't be so hasty" someone cut him off.

Your eyes diverted to the owner of the voice, and it was him...

Dojima Gin.

"It looks like things have gotten rather interesting, Shinomiya" he said, chef Inui popping out her head from behind his large body.

*End of Flashback*

"And that's how we ended up here..." you thought, sweat dropping.

-

Meanwhile...

(Shun's POV)

"Nothing, they're not in their rooms, either..." Yuki said in disappointment. "I can't reach (Y/N) nor Megumi on their phones..." Sakaki said, turning off her phone.

"That's so unlike them! I wonder if something happened to them both?" Yuki asked, worriedly.

Marui furrowed his brows, "all teams should've finished their afternoon challenges by now. Could be...?"

"Their names weren't on the list of those who failed" I said, nonchalantly. "Oi, Ibusaki-Kun! You're not even showing signs that you're worried about your girlfriend!" Yuki shouted.

I flinched as I felt my face heat up. Not showing signs? I'm fucking terrified!

But, something in my heart keeps telling me 'she'll be ok...'.

I'm a realistic person, but this thing is yelling loudly yet gently that I just couldn't ignore...

"I do hope that she's alright..." I thought, lowering my head.