Chapter 49: The Meat Master

(Y/N's POV)

In school, Soma, Megumi, and I were checking out the 'Research Societies'. Though I still haven't decided which to join, I thought that I should first check them out.

It's just that I wanted to be a free chef who can cook anything and everything. I've always hated limitations, just like mom and dad.

But they had to settle for something a little specific so they can be able to run the restaurant smoothly.

"Wow! There're so many RS! Japanese, Western, Chinese, haute cuisine, vegetarian cooking, even fermented and preserved foods!" Soma said, looking at the board filled with all kinds of RS clubs.

"Megumi what RS are you in?" I asked, "I'm in the 'Regional Cuisine RS'" she replied. I hummed in response.

"Huh? 'Don Research Society'? That could be a good study for our restaurant. Alright! Let's check it out. Tadokoro, E, let's go!" Soma said. Me and Megumi nodded and went to the RS club.

When we were about to make our way, I saw Shun standing alone. I stood there, staring and admiring him. His smooth, wine-coloured hair covering his eyes like they're priceless jewels being protected from being seen...

I suddenly got flustered, realizing that I was staring for a little too long. "Ah! Why do I feel like this every time I see him?  Do I really like him? Should I ask him out? But it's too fast, right? Should I at least just try and not get my hopes up? Oh great, now I feel sick!" I thought, suddenly feeling nauseous.

"Uh...Hey Soma, Megumi. You two can go ahead, I'll meet you there later". "Oh, ok! See ya!" Soma said, waving.

Trying to act normal, but I can't help but feel dizzy...And now my stomach hurts. I feel anxious, hesitant, it's hard to breathe.

I mean, it's my first step to move on! I try to act all cool on the outside, but on the inside...I'm still that broken heart girl who's laying on the ground...crying her eyes out.

I then shook that thought out of my head, "no, (Y/N). It's ok! I mean, even if he refused at least you're prepared for this kind of answer".

When I finally approached him, he didn't seem to notice me...or is it just his hair covering his eyes. "U-uh...Hi, Shun..." I greeted nervously.

He flinched as he looked at me, seeming that he was thinking about something. "Hey" he said, nonchalantly.

"So, uuhh...I-I wanted to ask you something" I spoke, he tilted his head to the side, curiously. "D-Do-...Can you-...Doyouwannagooutthisweekend?!" I quickly asked, shutting my eyes closed.

I peeked a little and saw him blushing as he tried to hide it. "Ohhhh no, he's gonna refuse, isn't he? Is he? IS HE??" I mentally panicked.

When I noticed that he was quiet for a few minutes, I understood that without him saying anything. I sighed, and was about to open my mouth, but...

"O-...ok" he replied in a low voice, scratching the back of his head.

I looked at him with wide eyes. "Wait...What?!" I thought, asking myself. "Did he just say...'ok'? Huh?", my brain was processing what's happening right now.

Somehow, I felt...kind of happy, I smiled. "W-well, uhh...That's great! I'll text you the details later. Bye now!" I said, with a blushing face. He waved, smiling as I ran to meet Soma and Megumi at the Don RS club.

-

Meanwhile...

(Soma's POV)