Chapter 56: Survival of Camp Hell (pt.3)

(Takumi's POV)

I couldn't believe it! Eguchi cooking with flowers?! This is ridiculous! How in the hell is she going to make a dish out of such ingredients?!

I gritted my teeth that I didn't realize that I crushed the snack that Yukihira gave me before he left. I realized what I did and looked at the snack.

"And, how is Yukihira going to use this in his dish?" I thought, asking myself.

As Eguchi began her work, my eyes shot wide after seeing her grind the brown rice. So fast that even a little dust-like thing appeared out of it...it eventually turned into flour.

"N-Nee-Chan, she's faster than you..." Isami said, sweat dropping. I was filled with rage, my gritted teeth feels like they're about to break.

I saw her and her partner mix the flowers with the ingredients casually. Eguchi cut the fish with so much speed you'd miss it if you blink!

"V-Velocita meravigliosa..." I whispered under my breath. I shook my head, refusing to let the thought that someone will defeat us Aldini brothers!

All the students, even chef Inui, were staring at Eguchi with amazed looks on their faces. That even the students forgot to cook their dishes!

There wasn't much time left, what the hell are they doing?! And where the hell is Yukihira?!

It was as if my thought reached Eguchi, she stopped in the middle of her work, frying the fish, and looked at everyone.

"I'd suggest you all work on your dishes...? The clock is ticking, y'know..." she spoke calmly, lifting her wrist and pointed at her watch.

The students immediately panicked and started worrying about making their own dishes. A moment later, I saw Yukihira return with ingredients. He and the girl with him were panting, they seemed to have run back here.

"Yukihira, you're late. There are only 15 minutes left! You and Eguchi want to lose right off the bat, without challenging me?!" I scolded, crushing the snack again without realizing.

"Nee-Chan, you crushed it again" Isami said, making me softly gasp. "Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to..." I cried.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. You saved me some work. Thanks!" Yukihira simply said, taking the crushed snack from me.

He turned to look at Eguchi, "what're you making, E? It smells really good!" he asked with a smile. "I'll explain later..." she responded, not taking her eyes off her dish.

He raised a brow, curiosity seemed to fill him as well. "You should've seen her grinding the brown rice, Yukihira! She's incredibly fast, even slightly faster than my brother" Isami blurted out innocently.

"Shut up! She's not faster than me!" I yelled. Yukihira's eyes got wide as he heard that and smugly grinned. What is he thinking about now?

He went to his counter and quickly started working on his dish.

-

15 minutes later...

(Y/N's POV)

I was finally done with my dish. Completely proud of this little piece of art. Good job, my brain. I gave myself a little tap on my head.

I saw that Soma and Megumi also finished their dish and they were already presenting it to chef Inui.

"Ah! My kaki no tane was used to make such an excellent fried dish!" chef Inui said excitedly.

And as she took a bite out of the crunchy fish...