Chapter 22: Culinary World

(Kaya's POV)

It's here, the day has finally come!

It's my first day of Totsuki Academy!

Sort of...

Today, I'm supposed to take the entrance exam at the academy so I can get in, and that exam will determine whether my hard work training counts, or I just wasted my parents' and mine's time. Dad took my file from the other high school I was going to go to and gave it to Totsuki's administration office a long time ago. I expected the academy to send some kind of study materials or something so I can study for the exam, but nothing came from them, and I didn't really know what to do considering that there wasn't any study materials provided.

It's the only thing I was concerned about, I'm going to an exam I know nothing about, and mom and dad wouldn't tell me anything either. Saying that I should find that out myself when I go there, because once I'm accepted in the academy, I'm on my own, they won't help me all the time. Well, I can't really blame them, they did everything they can to train me until I'm able to cook and cut the ingredients without losing any fingers.

I woke up really early this morning so I can take my sweet time getting ready for today, I'm not even nervous because I still can't see what's the big deal about it. I couldn't go back to sleep even if I tried to. I took my phone to see the time, it's 6:00 am. But I guess, subconsciously, I really am nervous because I can't stop squeezing my hands, and that I didn't know what to wear.

"Sis, I need your help! I don't know what to wear for the exam!" I said after barging into her room, she was on the dresser putting on her makeup and because of me, her lipstick smudged her face.

"Uggghhh, look what you made me do!!" she yelled at me, wiping the lipstick off her cheek. "What the hell do you want?!".

"I need an outfit for today, but I don't know which one should I choose. I wanna look dashing today!" I said, grinning from ear to ear. She rolled her eyes at me, "Just wear what you usually wear! It's not like you had a sense of fashion, anyways".

"Hey, I still like to look presentable!" scowled at her, then my eyes lit up. "Oh, oh, can I burrow your baby blue suit?! I love that outfit!".

"Sure, whatever. Check my wardrobe" she shrugged carelessly, putting on her lipstick again while I skipped to her wardrobe and saw the suit. I smiled and took it, running back to my room so I can take a quick shower.

Once I was done, I did my skin and hair routine, I curled my hair and tied it into a ponytail, then wore the blue suit, matching the white shirt with a white low-heel sandals. I put on some light makeup and wore silver accessories, then stared at myself in the mirror and let out a breath.

"Okay, hair? Done. Makeup? Done. Outfit? Perfect! Self-confidence? To the max! I look good, and first impression matters" I said, flipping my curly ponytail. Then, I heard a knock on my door.

"Honey pot, are you ready?" dad asked from outside.

"Yeah, I'll be right out" I yelled, taking one last look in the mirror before grabbing my phone and walked out. Everyone's already had woken up and got ready for their day.

"Oh my gosh, you look fabulous, my little honey pot!" mom said, crying and hugging me tightly. "Ugh, mom, you're hugging too tight!" I uttered, feeling like I'm losing oxygen. Satomi looked me up and down with her finger on her glossy lips.

"Not bad, little sis. The suit fits you just right".

"Well, we're practically the same size, big sis" I smirked.