Chapter 102: Game Over, Restart

(Y/N's POV)

We managed to move on to the next grade. Of course, Fumio-San had me to cook again after returning to the 'Polar Star' dormitory.

I'm not an elite ten anymore...

While everyone was celebrating my return, me and Erina were having a little chat outside the dorm under the bright moonlight.

"Y'know, everything that had happened since I entered this school till now has taught me so many things" I spoke, a relaxed smile on my lips.

"Is that so?" Erina looked at me, then smirked. "I guess you did some maturing then".

"Huh?" I looked at her with a confused face.

"You lost the Shokugeki on purpose".

My eyes widened, then snickered, "now I see why you're called 'God Tongue'. How'd you figure that out?".

"I saw the extra dish, Eguchi. And I wanted to taste it. It was...okay" she avoided eye contact with a blushing face.

"Ah, you're still not gonna say that my food is delicious, huh? Don't lie, you know I exposed you since the entrance exam~!" I said with a smug grin, pointing at her.

"S-Shut up! Anyway, there was a mistake in the dish" she sternly stated. I looked at her right in the eyes.

"Regardless of the very few ingredients of the 'Snow Cream', the balance was a little tilted, it's a wonder that the judges didn't notice and managed to get my father's gifting pulse. I was sceptical about it until I took another bite, which confirmed my assumption. But the one question I want to ask is, why?" Erina explained with crossed arms, then looked at me.

I was quiet for a moment before a smile was plastered all over my face.

"Isn't that obvious, Erina? To save everyone...".

Her face softened. "It's true that I ruined the balance on purpose, but of course I wouldn't make that obvious. I mean, I was the elite ten's 1st seat until I lost" I pointed out.

"As the new director for Totsuki academy, I have a place saved for you in the new elite ten. However, you must do a Shokugeki in order to claim it as yo-...".

"I'm not gonna be an elite ten member anymore".

Erina flinched and looked at me with a surprised face, "w-what?".

"I've had enough of this elite ten glory. Me and Soma were fighting that none of us ever wins, and it's always a tie result between us. So, I decided to finally give up the 1st seat for him. He has more passion in his cooking than me. He knew about cooking ever since he was little, while I'm just a 3 months nobody who suddenly wanted to be a chef".

Erina kept staring at me, and her face softened, "I see".

"This will be our little secret, ok? I don't want Soma to keep bugging me that it wasn't a fair Shokugeki and demands for another match" I asked.

She then smiled gently, "don't worry, your secret's safe with me".

-

Second year in Totsuki academy...

(3rd Person's POV)

"Hurry, hurry! Our next class is about to start, Ryoko!" Yuki said, running with Ryoko.

"Jeez! Wait up, Yuki!" Ryoko whined.

The two running girls stopped in their tracks when they saw you and Mito walking to your class together.