Chapter 10: Dark Memories

(2nd Person's POV)

During the summer vacation, it was like taking a break from all the emotional suffering you've been going through. Even though you're now dead inside, but, in a way or another, you've healed a little. However, you knew that everything will repeat itself next year. You'd have to go to school and force yourself to interact with the other students, putting on a show every single day. But you started to become really good at hiding your feelings, you might as well become an actress!

You really wanted to graduate...

Today, you decided to spend half of the day playing video games, and while you were in the middle of gaming, you heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" you yelled, and heard the door swing open. "Honey pot. We're off to work, now" Masahi spoke after entering. "Okay. Bye" you said, almost casually, and not looking back at him. For a moment, Masahi had a small smile before it disappeared as he closed the door without adding another word.

You were focused on the game you were playing, but there was a thought that you couldn't get rid of, even if you tried. A thought that caught your interest and studied before, then was buried at the back of your head for a while. However, that thought came back to the center of your mind again

Totsuki academy.

The thought about that academy made you lose concentration for a moment which caused you to lose the boss fight you were in the middle of. You groaned and began shaking your head viciously that you started seeing stars in front of you.

"Why the hell am I thinking about that school again?? This is bullshit, it's just a cooking school! And they're just food getting cooked! What's the big deal about that!?" you mused, feeling frustrated.

Sure, it seemed to you that it was a great school. But still, a part of you didn't want to admit that a cooking school actually taught your parents to cook like professionals! But the signs told you otherwise.

The way they chopped the ingredients with great speed, their perfect timings, the balanced and unique flavors of their food, the awards they earned from cooking competitions! Not to mention the videos you saw on YouTube which showed you everything you needed to see about the academy. The evidence left you speechless, and doubtful about your own words.

Is Totsuki academy really that great?

"I mean, I'm pretty sure there are other schools that are just as great as Totsuki" you contemplated, but something told you that you were wrong. Sure, there are other schools that are good, but not as great as Totsuki.

"Ugh, whatever!" you groaned, restarting the boss fight and continued your game. It was like this for a while like always. Though Satomi offered that you should come out of your shell and go with her to New York, which was kind of odd for you. She never once asked you to go anywhere with her, but you declined.

Perhaps you should've gone with her as there was a small hint of regret for not accepting her invite. Maybe doing something different other than playing video games or going to your family's diner would've broken that routine-ish cycle that you were getting tired of. New York is a beautiful state, especially during winter. You hate summer, always had, it's the one time of the year where you refuse to go out anywhere if the heat is unbearable! However, if there was a pool or a beach, then it may be a little bit bearable for you can splash yourself with the coldness of the water and that would be refreshing.

"Maybe next time..." you muttered after sighing.

-

Later after vacation's over...