Chapter 13: One Last Time...?

(2nd Person's POV)

You spent the last couple of days in Satomi's room until your room was cleaned from glass shards and the suffocating perfume smells were gone and bring you new bed sheets and pillows. Your parents called the school and asked permission to take two days off so you can fully rest, obviously the school didn't seem to mind since you can do whatever you want.

Your room was ready, though there was still a hint of perfume-y aroma in the air, but it wasn't as bad as before, so you finally returned to your room. Everything felt hectic for you, even though there was nothing but silence, things were loud in your head. You stayed in contact with your classmates, one of them informed you what lessons you missed, but so far there wasn't anything important. So, you decided to go to your beautiful game room, and play some games. Nothing too thrilling, just something that's fun and would not piss you off since you wanted peace of mind.

Ren kept in touch as she would text you from time to time, you didn't really care whether she did or not, whenever she texts, you text back and then return to whatever you're doing at the moment. After the whole breakdown thing that happened, you've been feeling nothing but peace. It's like a brand new you were born out of the ashes, not caring was the motto stuck in your head. Perhaps you're slowly growing to be like your dad, a laidback, care-free attitude, and a person who speaks her mind.

This is a good start.

After a few hours, it was around 11 o'clock, you didn't need to see the time since the walls showed you how dark it was. You let out a yawn and decided to turn off the game and go back to your room since tomorrow you'll go back to school. Your parents probably returned about an hour ago, but everything was so quiet, you assumed that they went to sleep as you walked into your room and closed the door behind you.

"Do you think it'd be a good idea if we get her a therapist?" Mayumi asked Masahi worriedly in the living room. Ever since that day, she had been feeling constantly concerned about your mental and emotional health. What if you're still bottling up your emotions instead of letting them out?

"Don't know. I don't think it'd be wise if we just bring her one. Why don't we just ask her if she needed therapy?" Masahi stated with crossed arms. "She'll definitely say no! I just want to make sure our little girl is going to be alright. You saw what state she was in that day!" Mayumi stated, anxiously. Masahi frowned and wrapped his arm around his wife.

"She'll be alright, babe. She's our tough little cookie!" he said, smiling softly. "But I believe that we should ask her first if she needed therapy. If she said yes, then we'll bring her the best one".

"And if she said no?" Mayumi stared at him with dreaded eyes, Masahi stroked her cheek with a sweet smile.

"Then, all you gotta do is trust her words".

In the end, Mayumi let out a sigh that screamed 'I give up', a small smile curled up her soft lips, her husband always knew how to reassure her. She laid her head on his chest and her arms around his waist as he wrapped his arms around her as well.

"You're still the care-free boy I've always loved".

"And you're still the caring girl I've always loved".

"Come on, let's go to bed, I'm beat from today's work!" Masahi said, Mayumi followed suit as they went upstairs to their bedroom.

-

The next day...

You woke up in a good mood, stretched your arms and went to the bathroom to brush your teeth and hair, then changed out of your pyjamas and wore the school's uniform. After making sure you looked presentable, you scurried down the stairs and into the dining room where the scrumptious-looking breakfast was placed on the table.