Chapter 95: Reminisce of the Past

(Mayumi's POV)

Ever since Joichiro told me about Azami, I couldn't stop thinking about...well, everything. So many things happened when we were in high school, but I thought he got over it!

I guess he didn't, after all.

"(Y/N) should be doing the 'Advancement Exam' this month..." Masahi suddenly stated, cutting my thoughts off.

"Ah, y-yes..." I stuttered, he looked at me. "That tone didn't sound right. You okay?".

I pursed my lips, nodding vigorously.

He took a deep breath, and put the spoon in the cream bowl, we were still in the kitchen, but we closed down, and the other staff members finished their cleaning and left.

But I was too deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize he was towering me, looking down with seductive eyes.

"That doesn't sound like true" he said. I sweat dropped, and gulped.

"C'mon now, baby~. Spill it. What're you hiding?" he cornered me with his arms on both my sides.

"I guess he should know..." I thought, sighing in defeat.

"Okay, okay, big guy, I'll tell you!" I huffed my cheeks, slightly pushing him away. Masahi giggled.

I stayed quiet for a moment, thinking about how to tell him. "So, a few days ago...Joichiro called" I began.

"Yeah?" he crossed his arms, nodding. "And...he said...that Azami is back and taken over Totsuki as the new director".

"WHAT??!!" he suddenly shouted, making me jump. "What the hell?! That Azami is back?!! What happened to Senzaemon-dono?? How the hell did Azami become the new director?!" Masahi asked angrily.

"Apparently, he forced Senzaemon-dono to step down and he got the approval from the elite ten!" I stated.

"That asshole!!" Masahi growled furiously. "He's been against my way of cooking since we were in high school! Now, h-...oh my god, what about (Y/N)?! Is she okay there?! She must be in Hokkaido right now for the 'Advancement Exam' with the 'Polar Star' members!" he started freaking out.

To be honest, I wouldn't blame him, I was worried if Azami knew that our daughter is in Totsuki.

"Mayumi..." he soothingly called, cupping my face with his warm hands.

"Yes?" I stared right into his eyes worriedly.

"We're going to Hokkaido...".

-

Meanwhile, at the 2nd stage of the advancement exam...

(3rd Person's POV)

You were standing in a huge hall with the other first years, alone close to the wall. Hearing whispers from the students...

"That's Eguchi, the 1st seat of Central!", "Wow, she really took down Tsukasa Eishi. No one ever beaten him in Shokugeki before!", "I wouldn't risk going against her".

"Hello, everyone. You must be tired after the long train trip!" a teacher said, getting the students' attention.

"I am Endo, Totsuki lecturer and your examiner for the second stage. This stage will be an individual exam. Also, instead of specifying an ingredient to prepare, you are to make a noodle dish!" the instructor said.

"Noodle...", "...dish?" Yuki and Ryoko sweat dropped.

"Speaking of noodles, Hokkaido is famous for having a wide variety of ramen. 'Sapporo Ramen', 'Hakodate Ramen', 'Asahikawa Ramen', and so on. There are many restaurants renowned for their udon and soba, too! Hokkaido is the top domestic producer of buckwheat by far, actually. Given how vast the prefecture is, it's not surprising that Hokkaido gave rise to a diversity of noodle dishes that reflect regional differences. With that in mind, let's try making a noodle dish today!" Endo said.