Chapter 36: Rolled Up Feelings

(Kaya's POV)

Soma and I began cooking, and I started by mixing the peanut butter and butter together in a mixing bowl, then I added some powdered sugar and stirred them all together until the texture became dough-y. After I rolled the dough into tiny peanut butter balls, I took the tray and put it in the fridge to firm up while I prepare the chocolate.

Soma was making what seemed to be 'Egg Soup' while the rice was cooking as he poured the stirred eggs into a pot full of boiling water. Fumio-San watched us while still leaning against the wall with her arms crossed, her eyes were analyzing our movement as we prepared our food.

I took out a pot and turned on the stove as I started chopping the chocolate and added it to the pot. After stirring the chocolate for a minute, I added butter and let it mix with the chocolate until it wasn't too heavy anymore. The aroma of the chocolate made me smile with satisfaction; I couldn't help but lick my lips as I couldn't wait to finish my dish. I could give it a try since I made a lot of peanut butter balls.

"Now, for my touch..." I mused with a smile, I grabbed a bag of mini chocolate chip cookies and crushed them on the melted chocolate. After I was done, I checked the alarm on my phone, 7 minutes left until the dough is firm. The chocolate is considered ready, but I still have to wait. I leaned my back against the counter and scrolled through the apps. I could feel Fumio-San eyeing me from behind as I heard her ask.

"You're done?".

"Not exactly, I'll let Soma serve you his dish first" I replied after looking at her, then looked back at my phone and continued scrolling through Instagram.

"Huh...So many likes from Akanegakubo Momo" I mused as I saw the many notifications of her liking my posts and stories. I don't really have many things to post, but if I do, I always take amazing pictures. Gotta let my account look good if I'm leaving it open to the public. There were times when I thought about starting my own gaming channel and stream video games like others do on YouTube, but then I end up backing down considering that I'm kind of a shy person. Maybe I'll reconsider it later, because this idea just sounds too good ignore.

I responded to Momo's comments with emojis, somehow she finds everything to be 'cute'. Her entire account is full of cutesy things, it being a big purple cat plush, or pictures of her pretty and cute-looking desserts. Every time I post something, she leaves a lot of comments which includes little words and cute emojis. Sometimes she tries to start up conversations with me on my DM to get to know me, though I don't feel great ignoring her, but I just don't check my DMs often for there are many people who respond to my stories or ask questions. Can I also mention that there are also some creepy pervs who want me to send nudes to them or ask what color of underwear I'm wearing at the moment? Tch, bastards.

My phone dinged, informing me that the 15 minutes have passed. I walked to the fridge and took out the peanut butter dough, they felt firm enough. I walked back to the counter, bringing the melted chocolate, and grabbed a fork to hold the peanut butter balls, dipping them into the chocolate and crushed cookies, then put them back on the tray.

"Order up!" Soma was the first to finish, he served a tray that contained a thick hamburger, a bowl of white rice, and a bowl of egg soup. Fumio-San seemed amazed, can't really blame her. This burger looks juicy and delicious.

"How'd you make this?" she asked.

"I used canned mackerel to make...'Mackerel Burger'!" Soma replied, proudly. Fumio-San's eyes widened with shock. Honestly, I was surprised myself, too. I thought it was a can of tuna, but it was actually mackerel!

"Heh, that's something..." I mused, smirking playfully as I dipped the last peanut butter ball, and placed it back on the tray before walking to the fridge and placed the tray in there again, letting it cool for a few more minutes while Fumio-San finishes Soma's food. I waltzed back to the counter, sitting next to Fumio-San with a goofy grin on my face.

"So, canned mackerel?" I inquired.

"Yeah! I added breadcrumbs and onions to the egg, then mixed it with the mackerel. I also added salt and pepper, then I fried it. I even added the ponzu sauce to the leftover of the mackerel oil, and thickened it with some potato starch, making a delicious and refreshing sauce. I'll call it 'Yukihira-Style Mackerel Burger'!!" Soma explained with a proud smile.

"What is this? A mackerel burger should be gross and inedible..." Fumio-San mumbled with furrowed brows.

"I wouldn't be so sure~" I thought, smirking. She cut a piece of the burger and took a bite.

*FOODGASM*

"DE-LI-COUS!! If he said he used meat to make it thick, I would believe him!" she yelled, ecstatically. She then tried the egg soup.

"The quality of the fish stock makes the soup flavoured. This taste...it is a proof that he used a high-quality stock!" she rambled on. While Fumio-San was questioning Soma, I checked the time and walked back to the fridge and took out my now chilled chocolate and peanut butter balls. I smiled widely as they looked absolutely yummy.

"Should I try one?" I pondered as I stole a quick glance from behind my shoulder, seeing that the two are busy talking. Fumio-San has a funny look on her face, though. I quickly took a piece and shoved it into my mouth like a little kid sneaking sugar from behind their parents' back.

"Mmmm, oh my god! It's so good!" I moaned, joyfully. I swallowed after chewing and closed the fridge. Then I took out a plate and placed the chocolate on it, when I was finally done and ready to serve, I turned to face the two when my eyes suddenly went wide at the disturbing sight in front of me.

"What the fuck...?!".

"Gimme some sugar, baby! Muwah! Muwah! Muwah!" Fumio-San said with a kissy face, grabbing Soma as her wrinkly lips were puckered, while the poor boy resisted as he fought for his dear life to push her away.

"LET GO, YOU OLD BAT!!!" Soma screamed.

I sighed and sweat dropped, a grimaced expression on my face as I watched them awkwardly a few feet away.

"This place is a fucking nut house...".

"SERIOUSLY, BACK OFF!! EGUCHI, A LITTLE HELP HERE!!" he called for me

"SERIOUSLY, BACK OFF!! EGUCHI, A LITTLE HELP HERE!!" he called for me. I quickly put my plate down and got behind the old woman's back, pulling her away from the red head.

"Ehh, kiss me, baby. Let us both fly together with the wings of love!" she said with her face still blushing and her lips puckered up.

"I'm sure your...'baby' would love that, but it's time to come back to real life, Fumio-San" I anxiously stated. She suddenly snapped out of it, standing up straight and cleared her throat. After the awkward moment, Fumio-San finally pulled herself together and put on her neutral expression. Though she was still slightly embarrassed by her own actions.

"Well, now to the next dish" she said after coming back to her sense.

"Well, since Soma made something salty, I made something sweet. I call it 'Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls'! The name sucks but it tastes good!" I said, presenting my dessert to her.

"Hmmm...the mackerel burger was rather filling, but I could go for some desserts. Now let's see" Fumio-San said, eyeing my dish, her finger on her cheek.

"Enjoy the food!".

-

Chapter End.