Chapter 101: Goodbye, Culinary World

(Y/N's POV)

Well, that's it...

It's over...

I lost...

The 'Polar Star' dormitory members' cell broke, giving back their freedom once more as they rushed to Soma as fast as they could.

"YUKIHIRAAAAA!! YOU'RE SO AMAZING! OH MY GOSH!!" Yuki screamed gleefully.

They all hugged him and congratulate him, while I stood still as my hair covered my eyes.

Seeing them like this made me feel like all the prisoners have been released, except for me...

There's nothing left for me to stay here anymore, all I have now is an airplane ticket to take me back home...

And just like I did before, I'll leave everything behind...

-

Meanwhile...

(3rd Person's POV)

After Azami left the arena as well. He encountered four certain friends on his way out.

"Hey, Nakamura" Joichiro said with a smirk. Next to him were Dojima standing with crossed arms, Masahi with his hand on his hip, and Mayumi next to Masahi.

"Did you come here to make sure I'd follow through? Don't worry, I will keep my promise. I will let go of Totsuki academy" Azami said.

"Thanks, Nakamura. I guess you'd been worrying about me ever since that day. Yet I somehow just looked like I was suffering by myself. I'm really sorry that I never contacted you. But what Soma said is true. I was happy, and I'm still happy now. As a chef and as a person. And I know that you'd always hated Masahi for going crazy in his dishes. But he never ruined culinary world. In fact, he made it better" Joichiro said with a gentle smile.

Azami was silent, looking down in shame for everything he did so far. Mayumi glanced at Masahi and nudged him, mouthing "go on...".

Masahi sighed and approached Azami, as he raised his head to look at his high school enemy.

"Uh...Sorry for all the trouble I caused to you" Masahi nervously said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Masahi sure is a jealous person, eh? Hahaha" Joichiro mocked, but for Masahi, at least he broke the tension between the two.

"S-Shut up, bastard!" Masahi cried, his face was bright red. Mayumi giggled and approached Azami while Masahi and Joichiro were bickering.

"They're like children, right?" she asked with a sweet smile. Azami looked down at her and couldn't help but smile as well.

"Yes...".

"Azami, when Joichiro left, you felt lost without him. Well, we all did. And it actually saddened me to see everyone go their own way instead of keep going together. There are many paths that one can choose, and wherever they end up is their destiny. But, with every step you take, you get a little better" Mayumi said, holding Azami's cold hands and smiling sweetly.

The dark-haired male held her hand back while staring into her eyes as his cheeks were bright pink, "you're as lovely as always, Mayumi".

-

Meanwhile...

(Erina's POV)

We were still at the arena when everyone was congratulating Yukihira for his victory. But, when I turned to see her, she was gone...