Chapter 81: The Feeling of Bitter Sweetness

(Y/N's POV)

It's been a few days since the Autumn Elections. I was finally relaxing and just attend normal classes for fuck's sake! Seriously, sometimes I feel all my energy is drained by this school.

"*Yawn*...I'm soooo sleepy!" I said, tiredly. "Y-You just woke up after sleeping for half a day..." Shun sweat dropped. Me and Shun were hanging out in his room, while everyone else was doing their thing.

I laid my head on his chest while he was reading a book. It was pretty quiet, only the singing voices of the chirping birds, the light of the sun, and the soothing sound of the breeze.

He ran his fingers through my hair, giving my scalp a relaxing message, which instantly made me fall asleep again.

No, we're not together anymore. But that doesn't stop us from hanging out, even if we don't talk much.

-

Later...

"Rooms no.208 and 304! If you don't come down for dinner, I'll drag your legs while wiping the floor with your faces!" Fumio-San yelled through the dorm's mic.

I sleepily opened my eyes and groaned. "Let's go" Shun spoke after putting down his book, I nodded while rubbing my eyes and stood up.

We both went downstairs, and everyone was already eating and chatting. "Ooooh, what were the lovebirds doing that they were late for dinner?" Yuki asked, wiggling her brows, and smiling smugly.

I smiled and started giggling nervously, "hehehe, uhhh...nothing...we were uhh...".

"We're not together anymore" Shun blurted out, which made everyone silent all of a sudden. Great, now the place feels awkward! They sweat dropped and kept giving me this shitty sympathetic look! Isshiki-Senpai didn't seem to give a fuck but pretended to feel bad, Soma doesn't seem surprised though since I told him before...

"So, are you kids ready for the Stagiaire?" Fumio-San asked, trying to change the subject. Oh my god thank you, grandma!!

"Stagiaire? What's that?" Soma asked. "Stagiaire is a French word meaning 'intern'. It's a program to send high school first-years to various businesses in the food industry. They can be high-end restaurants, food manufacturers, or even public organizations. They cover a wide range. It's an official part of the curriculum to give students practical experience" Isshiki-Senpai explained.

"'Practical experience'? Aren't the practical experiences enough in this academy?!" I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Alright! Bring it!", "It'll be a piece of cake!" Shoji and Daigo yelled with excitement. "It's not something to take so lightly!" Fumio-San scolded.

"All the stagiaire partners have agreed to take on students because they trust the academy. If a student causes any problems that would negatively impact Totsuki's reputation, you might end up getting expelled" Isshiki-Senpai continued.

"E-E-E-Expelled?!" Megumi started freaking out. "I wouldn't worry about this stag-thing. If you had worked in your family's diner before, it wouldn't be so different" I said while eating.

"But this is different than working in your family's restaurant..." Ryoko said, worriedly. I hummed in response, "just good luck on lunch hours. It's the worst. Thanks for the food" I finished eating and went back upstairs.

-

A few days later...

Well, I didn't pair with Soma, or Megumi, or with any member of the dorm. Ugh, I'm alone. Alone as the lonely wolf! Alone in this big world!