Chapter 3: Crowded Thoughts

(Kaya's POV)

I don't know if I'm in a crowded place or is it just my crowded thoughts. I barely got any sleep last night because I was overthinking about everything.

I hate this...

The sunlight beamed through the curtains; the sounds of birds were a soothing alarm like a good morning song. I sat up yawning as I stretched my arms, spitting my hair out of my mouth since it went everywhere. Running my fingers through my dishevelled hair, I got up and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth, then fixed my hair, then stripped out of my clothes and wore my school uniform. I sat in front of my dresser, so I make sure I look presentable, but, when I stared at myself in the mirror, a sudden image of me wearing the Totsuki uniform.

"Huh??" I blinked twice and looked down at my uniform, still wearing the middle school uniform. "Ugh, great, I'm seeing things already" I groaned, rubbing my eyes. I remember mom and dad showing me and Satomi their high school pictures wearing their uniforms. But how did that picture get to my head and saw myself wearing it? I'll never know. I shook that thought out of my head, checked myself for the last time before grabbing my backpack and quickly went downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning, honey pot!" mom beamed, I smiled at her. "Good morning" I said, taking a seat and began eating.

"Your sister called last night!" she informed. "She said that she's having so much fun in Italy, and she went to a restaurant called 'Trattoria Aldini'. It's said that it's the most popular diner in Italy".

"Hmmm..." I hummed, not really interested as I took another bite of the heavenly delicious food. I've always loved my parents' cooking; it had always made me feel better whenever I was upset about something or gives me the energy for whatever type of day I'm going to face.

"There's my little honey pot!" I heard my dad shout; he ruffled my hair.

"Stop it, dad! I just fixed my hair!" I pushed his hand away as he chuckled. Like always, mom and dad started talking about work, with a little bit of flirting from my dad, which made me purposely gag playfully. Dad gave me his famous bombastic side eye, and I giggled.

"Thank you for the food. I'm off now" I said after getting up. "Have a good day, sweetie!" I heard mom yell before I left the house.

-

Later...

On the way to school, I was thinking about what's going to happen today. I'll tell Haru how I feel today, which is a huge pressure on my chest. Honestly, I wasn't really worried of how I'll tell him, what I'm really worried about...no...scared of, is whether he will accept my feelings or not. I have to brace myself and expect nothing, it's not like I can guarantee the acceptance, but then again, I don't know how things would turn out in the end.

I wouldn't wanna know, anyway.

"Ojo-Sama, we have arrived" The driver said, causing me to get back to my senses. I thanked him and got out. As always, all eyes of admiration were on me. There were some days when boys would stop in front of me, and hand me small gifts and their faces were all red. I kind of found that cute, and I wouldn't say no to gifts! Haha! However, there were also some boys who were rude and obnoxious to tell me to date them cause they're good-looking and all that. But I end up turning them down because, well, they're not really my type.

After I put my stuff in my locker, I walked to my classroom and greeted my energetic classmates before walking towards Emiko and Ren.

"Good morning!" I smiled. "Good morning, Kaya-Chan!" Ren smiled back.