Chapter 58: Survival of Camp Hell (pt.5)

(Y/N's POV)

I went to a small kitchen so I could make everyone's and mine's dinner.

While I was cooking, I stood with crossed arms, thinking about what Soma said...

*Flashback*

"Listen, E. I won't accept that I'm getting a draw with anyone. So, it's either me or you as a winner. There's only one place at the top spot..."

*End of flashback*

I sighed, "top spot, huh?". Suddenly, a moment of realization hit me.

"What is my goal in this school anyway...? If I'm not attempting to hit the elite ten, then why am I really here...? What am I trying to proof...?" I thought, staring at the wall.

I thought I wanted to be a chef to run away from the past, and start fresh.

But...

Now I'm not sure of anything...

I sighed again while facepalming softly. Thankfully, the smell of the food got me back to concentrate. "Shit! I hope it doesn't taste burnt...well, whatever" I said to myself.

I finished cooking and packed the food and took it to my room.

"Finally, I could REALLY use a nice, hot bath now. I feel so stressed..." I exclaimed, grabbing my towel and made my way to the public bath.

-

Meanwhile..

(Soma's POV)

I was running happily at the hallway, ready to hit the hot bath! But, as soon as I made a turn, I bumped into someone. Causing them to fall on the ground.

"S-Sorry-..." I said, but stopped after recognizing the person.

Nakiri...?

"Y-Yukihira Soma...?!" she asked with annoyed look on her face. She quickly covered herself after realizing that her body was almost exposed.

"S-Sorry, Nakiri. You ok? You didn't twist anythi-..." I asked, worriedly. But, she put a hand in front of my face.

"Don't touch me! I can stand up on my own!" she cried, her face was bright red.

"Are? Soma?" someone called.

Me and Nakiri turned our heads towards that person. "Oh, E! You're on your way to the bath, too?" I asked with a smug smile.

"Haha! Yeah! Uh-...Hi, Erina. Having fun on the ground?" she asked, raising a brow while looking at Nakiri. Her face got more red...Damn, she's pissed.

"That's none of your business, Eguchi! That troll over her pushed me on the ground!" she cried. "Hey! I said I was sorry! And you didn't let me help you!" I exclaimed.

E rolled her eyes in amusement. Nakiri finally stood up, dusting off her robe. "Still, I understand why you'd feel so happy" I spoke. E looked at me with confusion, "what do you mean?".

"She was humming in the bath. So, I assumed that she's in a good mood" I replied. E raised both of her brows and looked at Nakiri with a smug smile, "festive, are we~?".

Nakiri furrowed her brows, "don't think you two and I are the same! It seems they call this the 'training camp of hell', but to me it's just a tedious, empty ceremony".

A smirk appeared on her lips, and put a hand under her chin. "Still, I wonder how long it will take you both to fail? Watching that could be mildly entertaining" she said, confidently.