Chapter 74: War of the Sea

(3rd Person's POV)

"As usual, your cooking's too pretty".

"Are you trying to lecture me? Know your place!".

"I believe I do know my place. Anyway, miss...you should save that line for when you beat me in cooking".

Ryo walked past Alice calmly, while she deadpanned him from behind. After her first lose to someone as imprudent as Soma, she was not happy about it.

-

Meanwhile...

"That was a really great lunch, Soma!" you spoke happily. Soma grinned like a goofball and rubbed the back of his head, his cheeks were bright pink. "Haha, thanks!" he said.

You and him walked back to the stadium with everyone else, and you passed by Megumi.

"Ah, Soma-Kun! I was watching you from the waiting room! Congratulations!" Megumi spoke cheerfully, giving a few claps.

"CAN SHE BE ANY CUTER?!" you screamed in your head, with your eyes sparkling.

"Thanks, Tadokoro. So, it's your turn now, huh? You look pretty calm" Soma stated with a gentle smile.

Megumi looked at him with a confused face, "huh? Am I?...I guess so. See, I could only think of trying my best in the prelims. But now, I'm hoping to enjoy my own cooking. It's the first time I've felt this way...".

"Well, try not to get too tense. Good luck!" Soma praised, giving a thumbs up.

Megumi smiled, as she looked at you, also giving her a thumbs up.

-

Later...

"Next, is the second match of round one! The first candidate is our dark horse candidate, Tadokoro Megumi, who passed the group B preliminaries at the very last minute! Her opponent is candidate Kurokiba Ryo, who was tied with Yukihira Soma for second place in the group A preliminaries!" Urara introduced through the mic, as the students cheered for the two candidates.

"The theme is...'Ramen'!" she announced.

"LET THE COOKING BEGIN!".

You led the way with Soma find the 'Polar Star' gang so you can cheer for Megumi.

Soma halted in his steps, as he saw a lot of pink cheering stuff with a certain group...

"That spot's got a weird splashy vibe going on..." he mumbled, which made you cackle. "That's them, alright!".

Yuki heard your laughter and looked down, "oh, (Y/N)-Chi, Yukihira! Over here!".

"Why do they write names on fans, bro?" Isami asked innocently. "It's one of Japan's mysteries..." Takumi answered, sweat dropping.

"You guys better cheer for me with these on my match!" you demanded with a pout.

-

Meanwhile, at the battle arena...

"Hmmm, 'Ramen'...It is a dish comprised of three components: noodles, toppings, and soup. You just keep the challenging topics year after year, don't you?" said one of the old judges.

"Indeed. 'Ramen' enjoyed an explosive popularity after the war, during the recovery period. The popularity was due to their affordable taste, and the ease of access, thanks to noodle carts" Senzaemon said with crossed arms.

"And we're asking the contestants to perfect it all in a single night, on such a big stage!".

"In essence, what is being tested in this match is flexibility and explosive power! How well can they bring the experience and aptitude that they've nurtured thus far to bear on the topic at hand?".