Chapter 50: Together as a Team

(Y/N's POV)

"Hahahaha! Couldn't Soma have a better picture?!! I can't!! Hahaha!!" I burst out laughing. "You two are freakin' idiots! What were you thinking?! The whole school is talking about this!" Yuki yelled.

"Oh, chill! It's no big deal, me and Soma are gonna do just fine" I said, shrugging carelessly while reading the school's news.

"No big deal?! This is a Shokugeki, and your school lives is on the line!" Yuki continued to yell. "Yuki, calm down..." Ryoko spoke, sweat dropping.

"No worries..." I said, calmly smiling as I stood up.

"I'll try as much as I can to help her and Soma-Kun. But there's just not enough time until they battle!" I heard Megumi speak, worriedly.

Honestly, I feel really excited about all this! After all, this my very first Shokugeki! Going against a master of something!!

I guess I won't be able to sleep tonight, I feel too excited...

-

The next day...

We were trying to come up with a new Don recipe. Apparently, Mito uses A5 meat, which is like, the highest quality of meat.

I overheard Konishi say, "if she brings out some A5 beef, there's no way you'll win!".

"I wonder..." I thought in doubt.

"I remember during my trainings I made some meat dishes. Maybe I can use one of them and combine it with Soma's Don dish..." I put my hand on my chin while thinking of something.

"Don bowls are fast, tasty, and cheap. But Nikumi made fun of that! If we want people to acknowledge Don bowls, we have to win with a menu using affordable beef, right? And we're not using any top-quality ingredients, cause that ain't part of the Dons appeal" Soma stated.

"Soma's right! It doesn't really matter what kind of meat you use or how much it costs. In the end, it's just meat. But you can turn a low-quality meat into high-quality with your cooking skills!" I spoke, smirking.

"You really think so, (Y/N)?" Megumi asked, I nodded.

"When I was training, dad told me that it doesn't matter what grade the meats are. So long as the meat is red and fresh, you're good to go" I stated. "You're right on that, E. It's not like we can afford the fancy meat" Soma said.

"I made some beef dishes before, as well. Maybe we can try and combine them to make a Don dish" I recommended.

"Great idea! Konishi-Senpai, how much the Don RS have left in its budget?" Soma asked.

"W-well..." he replied, stuttering, as showed us what's left.

We were shocked, "this RS is seriously done for...".

Soma suddenly ran out of the room, as I chased him until he stopped next to the ATM machine.

"THIS IS ALL I'VE GOT LEFT?!" he yelled in frustration. "Soma! You can leave the ingredients to me! Just tell me what you want, and I'll buy it!" I said, panting and feeling tired from all the running.

"No way! I'm gonna find a way to buy the meat an-" Soma protested, but I cut him off. "Hey! You're not the only one who's gonna battle jiggly boobs here!! Like I said, leave the ingredients to me! I mean, aren't we a team?!" I said, scolding him.

Soma went quiet for a minute; I could feel that he's depressed. I approached him and held his hand, looking straight into his golden eyes.

"Soma, don't worry. I got your back. Look, whenever you need help, I'll be there. Even if we're far from each other, I'll come as fast as I can, remember that" I said, gently smiling.