Chapter 25: Denial of Judgement

(Erina's POV)

I scoffed as I stared down at her rather simple and unimpressive dish as she slowly pushed it towards me. How dare she challenge me with that cocky look on her face?! I have more important things to do in the academy, and it's bad enough that I must watch two smug transfer students cook something that's clearly not worthy to even try! Yet she has the utmost audacity to talk to me so rudely and expects me to try her dish?! Just the thought about that makes my blood boil!

"This dish is too simple, there doesn't seem to be any new or different ingredients. I'm positive she will fail" I thought, snickering as I glared at her.

I will make sure to break that cockiness of hers and make her fall to her knees as she realizes that she is nothing but a talentless girl. I straightened myself up, and put on a small smile, not breaking eye contact with her.

"Very well. I shall begin tasting your dish" I spoke, as I took a spoon and took a bite of the egg dish she made.

Though it is pointless, since I've already made my decision.

*FOODGASM*

"W-What?! This taste...delicious!! The rich taste of fresh vegetables, it's like being in a royal ball filled with guests, and the egg and I were sitting in our thrones" I mused, my eyes suddenly widened. "The eggs and the vegetables mix so well together it's like they are doing the waltz in my mouth! The vegetables are perfectly cut in small sizes, they give a hint of crunchiness while the ham gives a slight smoky taste. All perfectly combined together and baked into the oven".

I then tasted something else, something that was melting in my mouth. "Huh? What's that?" I looked back down at the plate, and as I looked carefully, I saw cheese melting from the inside of the egg cups.

"Cheese...?" I mumbled, but loud enough for her to hear me. "I mixed cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese, rolled them up into tiny balls and placed them at the center of the egg cups on the pan" she explained, I was baffled.

"Egg cups filled with cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese that melts like a soufflé. Even though it's a simple dish, she recreated it with her own way..." I mused as I looked back down at the cheese melting gracefully out of the egg cup, exactly like a souffle. I clicked my tongue irritatingly.

"Well? What do you think?" she asked, I flinched as she was waiting for a response, then cleared my throat as I gained my composure.

"I will judge after I taste both of your dishes" I stated, flipping my hair. She shrugged her shoulders and crossed her arms, leaning her body against the counter.

"Are you done, Yukihira?" she asked, seeming to be eager to see his dish. But I am positive that his dish would not be impressive as well.

"Sorry for the wait!" Yukihira spoke as he turned around and served his dish. I was shocked of the dish he presented, my eyes went up and down from both their dishes and them.

"Are they making fun of me?!" I mused, furiously. I clicked my tongue as I glared at him.

"Hmph! This dish is a work of a second-rate chef, it doesn't make me hungry!" I remarked, arrogantly.

"I thought you said that you'll judge after tasting both our foods. Were you just lying?" Eguchi stated, giving me a challenging look.

How dare she...

I don't believe she knows who she thinks she is talking back to like this!

"So, Yukihira, what's this?" Eguchi asked, smiling at that Yukihira guy. Come to think of it, are they friends or something? They talk to each other like they're close. Tch, why do I even care?! It's not like I'll see them again afterwards.

"Furikake, but it hadn't taken its full form yet until it's on top of the rice" Yukihira answered, he then poured the golden Furikake on top of the rice with a smile.

I flinched as I saw the Furikake melts by the heat of the rice. The strong aroma burst into my nose, as I started sniffing.

"This smell, the slow-simmered chicken...it's transforming the 'Furikake Rice'!" I mused. I couldn't take it anymore! The smell was dragging me like I was being dragged down to hell! again.

"Hurry up and hand me that bowl!" I demanded, pounding my fist on the counter again.

"Order up!" Yukihira handed me the bowl on a small wooden tray, he then grabbed another bowl and handed it to Eguchi

"I made some for you too, Eguchi!" she softly gasped and her eyes sparkled. "Really?! Thanks! Hey, go on and try my egg cup!" she said after taking the bowl from him.

"I will, thanks!" he said, grinning at her like a fool. I rolled my eyes and held the chopsticks as I had a bite of the piping hot 'Furikake Rice' dish.

*FOODGASM*

"T-this flavour! It's like as if being stroked by angels' wings!" I thought, I felt my face heat up as I released a breath of satisfaction. I can't stand up straight, both Eguchi and Yukihira's foods are delicious!

I hate this...

Those two nobodies think they can convince me to let them into our humble academy by these two measly dishes?! Just who do they think they are?! They're nothing but talentless, worthless, egotistical idiots with the works of a second-rate chef! Their eyes looking down at me with their arrogant smirks drawn on their faces, believing that they claimed victory just ticks me off! Not to mention the sheer rudeness I received from Eguchi before I tasted her dish

"Well, whaddya say?" Yukihira asked, snapping me back to reality as I looked at him, Eguchi standing right next to him as she also waited for my judging. Both their eyes not being taken off me as Yukihira's hand was on his hip, while Eguchi crossed her arms. She already finished her rice bowl clean, no crumbs left in sight.

I was still leaning on the counter, one hand still holding the chopsticks while the other grabbing onto the edge of the counter for dear life as I glared daggers at them. I heard Eguchi snicker as she pierced me with those two sleepy brown eyes, they look like two guns pointed right at my face, ready to shoot me. But I believe she already did, as I felt the fire inside me rise.

"This is bad...I can't let them get what they want! I can't give in to those two nobodies! I refuse to admit that their food is actually delicious! But...I must be fair with my judgement; I must give an honest and fair evaluation to the transfer students; it is my responsibility to do so" I contemplated.

Eguchi sighed as a sign of impatience as she 'checked' her watch before looking back at me with a face full of boredom, while Yukihira's irritating grin was still on his face, expecting me to say the word 'delicious' to this abomination he calls food!

"I-...It's..." I stammered; hesitation was torturing me as I tried to spell out the next word. For the last time, I looked down at the dishes, then at the two transfers before I clenched my hand tightly and screamed.

"IT'S DISGUSTING!!!".

-

Chapter End.