Chapter 61: The Great Threat of The 1st Seat

(3rd Person's POV)

Legend has it that a lonely warrior had left her home to travel and discover new worlds. Among the stormy deserts, she saw a magical, glowing palace.

She met the king of the palace, a magician...

Arrogant, was one word to describe him. Regardless of the remarkable power he had, he treated his workers badly. He demanded to have the lonely warrior to work for him.

The lonely warrior refused..

The brave warrior declared a battle between them, if she win, the magician will release his poor workers, and shall not harm anyone with his magic anymore.

The magician laughed, saying that if he win, the lonely warrior shall succumb to the magic.

But, he laughs no more...

The magician fell on his knees in defeat, as the mysterious, and lonely warrior stood in front of him quietly.

A deal is a deal, the lost magician had let go of his worker. The sun rays shined through the thick, dark clouds, as it reflected on the warrior's sword...

Who are you...?, the magician asked.

I am just a person who wants to discover new worlds...

Was all that she said, and left. The screams of frustration echoed through the deserts by the defeated magician...

Whoever she is, she is a great threat...to the first seats...

-

(Y/N's POV)

"Man, it sure is late" Soma said. "How long have we been down there anyway?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips. He shrugged.

Suddenly Megumi gasped and took out her phone, "I missed so many calls from Yuki-Chan and the others!" she freaked.

I softly gasped as I remembered Shun, I took out my phone to see if he left any messages.

"Shit, 50 missed calls and 35 messages..." I mumbled, sweat dropping. "He must've been worried sick..." I thought, then sighed.

"Well, there wasn't any reception underground. Tadokoro, you go on ahead first. I need to talk to E for a minute" Soma said, you looked at him with a raised brow.

Megumi nodded as she began to run, but soon halted in her steps and turned to us.

"S-Soma-Kun, (Y/N)...Thank you so much!" she said, bowing to us. "I'll never forget what you guys did for me!" she finished, her voice cracked a little.

"Everyone's worried about you, go on now" Soma said, softly smiling. As I did the same.

A feeling of relief actually showered me, for the first time I was....scared.

I never thought that I'll actually beat the 79th generation's No.1 seat...

*Flashback*

"You have lost, Shinomiya..." chef Dojima spoke.

Chef Shinomiya's breath hitched, his face was filled with pure shock, he looked like he was going to have a heart attack. He felt weak on his knees like they couldn't handle the weight of his body.

"Shinomiya, you have reached the plateau. You've noticed, haven't you? Even though you've won the award you dreamed of, you've become clueless as to which direction to take. Having reached that apex, you've become unable to take even a single step forward. To a chef, a plateau is the same as regression. The reason you didn't make one of your specialties in this challenge...is that you didn't want us to know that your cooking had reached a standstill!" chef Dojima explained.