Chapter 82: Searching

(Y/N's POV)

The third, and final day of this 'Stagiaire' thing...

"Oh, you were a huge help today, too! It was a great idea to accept interns!" Ayami said with joy. "It was a pleasure to work with you, Tanaka-San" Shimizu said with a gentle smile.

The doorbell suddenly ringed, a new customer coming in!

"Welcome! What can I get for you?" I asked, putting on a big smile. "Oh, everything looks so delicious, I can't decide!" the lady stated with hesitancy.

"Well, what do you crave mostly for today? Cookies? Cupcakes? Cakes? Pies? Muffins?" I asked as I pointed at the delicious looking sweets. The lady was drooling as her eyes kept looking back and forth between each dessert.

 The lady was drooling as her eyes kept looking back and forth between each dessert

"Ugh, I give up. W-What does the little baker recommend?" she sighed, then looked at me with a lovely smile. I felt my cheeks burn as I giggled, rubbing the back of head.

"Well, I hope you'd love our cheesecake collection!" I answered, pointing at the several kinds of creamy cheesecakes. "There's strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, chocolate, lotus, oreo, red velvet, and the original cheesecake!".

The lady licked her lips, and her eyes sparkled, "g-give me a piece of each!!" she screamed.

"You got it!" I gave a thumbs up. I prepared her order as she paid Shimizu at the cash register.

"Oh, I never thought this bakery shop would get so much better. Everything tastes amazing now! And the sweet young lady and the handsome gentleman were great!" the lady said to Ayami about us.

Ayami smiled widely and bowed, "thank you so much! Please come again!". After she left, it was now our closing time.

"I think it's time for us to go as well" Shimizu spoke, which Ayami heard and frowned. "Ah, right. You two were only here for 3 days. Oh, I don't know what I'll do without the both of you".

"Well, you just need to hire two people who knows how to bake. It'll make things easier for you" I answered. Shimizu nodded, "and, you need to put on a board that includes only the important orders of the customers; like the wedding or graduation or birthday cakes".

"It's best if you assigned the two assistants with the usual shop work, while you can get to focus on the important orders" I continued.

"That's a wonderful idea! Yes, it will be so much easier! Thank you, Eguchi-Kun, Ishikawa-Kun" Ayami said, intertwining her hands happily.

-

Later...

We said our goodbye to Tanaka-San and left.

"Now what?" I asked. "Well, we'll just start a new day at a new place tomorrow..." Shimizu answered. I looked at him and smiled, "yeah...".

Tonight, the weather was calm, and the colours of the twinkling lights were all around. We were walking besides a lake and stopped to gaze at the beautiful sight.