Chapter 28: First Impression Failed

(3rd Person's POV)

"Ugh! I can't believe I did this! Way to go ME! You lost your chance on first impression, and now everybody hates you!" you thought, scolding yourself.

"Ooohh Eguchi! You became a chef in just 3 months? That's amazing!" Soma cheered, snapping you out of your thoughts.

You smiled nervously, "yeah well I-...Oh! Hey, Erina!" you said, waving. "Quiet! Why are you two here?!" Erina asked, angrily.

"Whaddya mean? If we get a notice that we passed, we can come, right?" Soma asked, and both of you showed her the papers.

Erina's eyes widened, then flipped her hair arrogantly.

"Let me make myself clear! I do not approve of both of you and your cooking! It must be some sort of mistake that you're here at the great Totsuki Academy! All the students have advanced in gastronomy since middle school, so transfer students such as yourselves could never beat them!" she stated, sternly. Then, she turned her back and was about to leave.

"Hmm...three years of middle school, eh?" Soma said, hand on his chin. Erina looked back at him before leaving.

Meanwhile, you had middle school flashbacks, which were the reason why you wanted to become a chef.

"Tch, stop thinking about those garbage days, (Y/N)! Bury them, burn them, do whatever! Just get them out of your damn head!" you mused, frustrated.

You groaned and shook those memories out of your head until you felt an arm wrapping around your shoulder.

"You just wait! Me and Eguchi are gonna make your mouth say our food's delicious!" Soma said with a determined voice, and a confident grin.

Your heart was racing, you had a tint of blush on your face, your eyes got wide as you saw his determined expression.

You couldn't even think about anything, it's like you lost your memory for a second.

After you mentally calmed down, you smiled softly.

"I think we'll be just fine together, Soma..." you said, wrapping your arm around his waist, smirking at the pissed honey-blonde girl.

Erina looked at both of you with wide eyes, her hands clenching. She then growled and stormed out.

Soma let go of you, feeling like you didn't want him to.

"I'm glad you got accepted, Eguchi! I thought I was the only one who's gonna be in this hell hole" he chuckled, rubbing the back of his head.

"Haha, guess that makes two of us" you said, giggling. "So, what now?" you asked.

"Hm? Well, let's see...We have a class today" Soma answered, checking the schedule. You checked out yours and looked at his briefly.

"Hey, we have the dame class together!" you beamed.

"Oh, really?? Great! Let's go, then" he said, smiling.

You smiled back and followed him like a little duckling.

-

Chapter End.