Chapter 93: The Betrayal

(3rd Person's POV)

The 'Polar Star' dormitory celebrated Soma's victory that night. But it was only momentarily until Soma started thinking about your whereabouts...

He even stayed up late in case you come back late like you did before, but he waited for too long...

He suddenly heard steps outside and rushed out of his room to see who it was, startling the person he caught.

"Ah! S-S-Soma-Kun?!" Megumi stuttered, a shivering mess. Soma had a disappointed face, "oh, it's you, Tadokoro. Sorry about that".

"You're still waiting for (Y/N), aren't you?" the bluenette asked with furrowed brows. "Yeah...But I guess she won't come back. It's so late now".

"Soma-Kun..." Megumi felt bad about Soma, he looked tired and sleepy, but the feeling of worry and anxiety were keeping him awake.

-

Several days later...

"Isshiki Satoshi, 8th seat of the elite ten. Today, you will step down from the Totsuki elite ten council, along with the 4th seat, Megishima Tosuke, and the 9th seat, Kuga Terunori" Azami stated.

"This happened faster than I thought it would" Isshiki-Senpai exclaimed calmly. "You are calmer than I thought you'd be" Azami said.

"I was more than expecting it. Someone who does not ascribe to Central's teachings, like me, in the elite ten would only be hindrance, wouldn't it?" Isshiki-Senpai said.

"It's helpful that you require little explanation. The other elite ten members agree as well".

"Even...Eguchi?" Isshiki-Senpai asked, still keeping his serious expression.

Azami smirked, "especially her...". "Well, Kobayashi Rindou was the lone protest" he added.

"You aren't forcing Nakiri Erina, your daughter, to step down?" Isshiki-Senpai suddenly asked. Azami stayed quiet for a moment before speaking, his sinister smile was plastered all over his face.

"After the new ranges of seats, she was pushed out of the elite ten..." he spoke, Isshiki-Senpai stayed silent. "...I will no longer be use of her. I have someone who is much better. Well, thanks to you, we're going to be very busy".

"With Shokugeki?" Isshiki-Senpai asked. "That's right. You worked behind the scenes, reaching out to relevant parties to lay the groundwork for these new rules we must now follow. We must allow organizations who wish to overturn our closure directive to face my pride and joy, the soldiers of Central".

-

Meanwhile, in the elite ten meeting's room...

"Rules concerning Shokugeki involving organizations opposing the Azami organization, also known as the 'Isshiki Rules'".

"Who names stuff after himself? That's kind of annoying" Momo said annoyingly after reading the paper. "Still, because Isshiki clarified that Central cannot contact judges, the legitimacy of their rulings has been established. Of course, I was against rigged matches in the first place" Nene stated, glaring at Eizan, who avoided eye contact.

"There's a clause requiring Central to accept any Shokugeki challenge that involves overturning the organization's closure, too. Isshiki's pretty thorough.

...Right, Eguchi?" Rindou stated, looking at you.

You were sitting quietly, hands on both of your sides, with eyes staring blankly at the members. The fact that you're now the 1st seat had completely shocked Eizan when he first knew about it.