Chapter 15: Summer of Hell (Pt.1)

(2nd Person's POV)

"Oh god, I knew something was odd when you asked me to see our photo album before!" Mayumi sat down on a chair, not able to stand up due to shock.

"I wanna be a chef!" you demanded.

"Kaya, do you even realize what you're asking for? It's not that easy to become a chef, you need to study gastronomy for years! You don't just get up one day and suddenly decide to become a chef!" Masahi inquired with crossed arms.

"What's so hard about it?? Chop, grill, fry, boil, and serve!" you said, huffing your cheeks.

"AHAHA! I've never heard something as ridiculous as that!" Satomi mocked. "You be quiet" Masahi glared at Satomi momentarily before he raised his hand and placed it on his chin as he started thinking.

"Why would you suddenly want to be a chef, anyway? I thought you were never interested in the world of culinary" Mayumi asked, frowning.

"Because...I don't know! I-...I think it was the signs" you answered, rubbing the back of your head nervously. Masahi then looked at you with a baffled expression.

"Signs?" he questioned.

"Yeah. For a long while, I've been getting signs that somehow tells me to go to Totsuki. I couldn't stop thinking about that academy, and I saw the way both of you cook...it was awesome. You two looked so focused on your cooking like you were the only ones in that kitchen! And you were unbelievably fast! I may not be as great as you two are, or an accurate judge like Satomi, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't run in my blood! Maybe I'm not meant to go other schools, maybe I'm meant to go to Totsuki!" you explained, dramatically. Aimi blinked twice before she cracked a smile, knowing that her words had been stuck in your head.

Your parents looked at each other silently before looking back at you. "But you've already chosen your high school" Mayumi pointed out.

"We'll change it, I don't wanna go to a school where shallow rich bastards keep bragging about their boring lives!" you countered. Mayumi was a little concerned about your reckless decision, while Masahi, on the other hand, hummed as he stared right at you, seeing the strong determination in your eyes and trying to find the smallest hint of hesitation.

But there wasn't any.

You made that decision and you'll never back down from it even if your parents tried to talk you out of it. The man smirked sinisterly as his brown orbs looked towards his anxious wife, who looked back at him. Her eyes widened as she knew that her husband was already on board with their daughter's decision. Eventually, she let out a sigh and looked back at her daughter with a stern face.

"Kaya, are you sure about this? Because once you make that decision, there's no going back" she looked right into your eyes. You stared back at her as you answered.

"I'm sure".

Silence filled the room as the eyes moved from you to your parents, waiting for their response as well. A grin ripped through Masahi's cheeks, his hands on his hips.

"Then we will help training you!" your eyes went wide in shock before smiling brightly. "Really?!".

"Yeah, me and your mom can train you until you are ready to go to Totsuki! I mean, it's only the beginning of summer vacation, which means you'll only have 3 months before school starts again, so we're not going to risk wasting it. But first, I just need to make one phone call before we get started" Masahi said, and you nodded.

"Thanks, you guys!" you beamed.

"We'll start first thing tomorrow morning".

-