Chapter 46: Friends of the Path

(Kaya's POV)

So many things had happened yesterday, and it was only my first day. First, my three-months-training that was pure hell, the entrance exam, the opening ceremony, the intense cooking classes, and not to mention the dormitory's entrance exam! Boy, I really threw gasoline on an already lit fire after what Soma said during the opening ceremony. 

"I didn't know starting a new life will be this exhausting..." I thought, groaning.

"Man, and here I wanted to challenge Nakiri, too" Soma casually spoke. "You'd probably lose before you even get the chance to do anything! Considering that she is the...'God Tongue'! Haha!" I said, completely mocking that girl.

"K-Kaya-Kun..." Megumi looked at me anxiously as she shivered. "What? It's just a load of shit. Nobody has a tongue that powerful, come on!" I stated with a smirk.

"Well, even though it does sound unbelievable, but if she really is a 'God Tongue', then she can taste what others can't" Soma said.

"What do you think she can taste, then?" I questioned. "Hmmm, well, since cooking can be tricky sometimes, I can only assume that she can taste not only the obvious ingredients, but also ingredients that are hidden which are the reason to make the dish taste super delicious" he exclaimed.

"I just can't buy it, no matter how hard I try. I'll need to learn more about her later" I said with a serious expression.

"Really? Think you can find out how she evaluates food?" Soma asked, he seemed more interested now. "I'll see what I can do. And I won't just hear how she judges food, I wanna see how she cooks them, too!" I answered.

"How are you going to do that?" Megumi inquired; her eyes full of curiosity.

"I'm pretty sure there are times when she takes on Shokugekis, I'll dig up some news from the other students today and see if she'll have one today or not. Regardless of what happened at the opening ceremony, I still have fans screaming for me!" I winked at the last sentence.

"Hahaha! I see" Soma chuckled.

-

Meanwhile...

(Isshiki-Senpai's POV)

*Mini Flashbacks*

"Actually...I'm not really interested in this top ten thing. So, I'll just leave it to Soma".

"This is the first time for me to be in a culinary academy, and I've practiced everything in the last 3 months only...".

"If....you wanna make sure, why don't you try me?".

"I'm going to take the top spot!".

*End of Mini Flashbacks*

"Hahaha! They seem to be difficult people. I'll look forward to seeing where the road will take them. I'm sure they'll make great victories. After all, they scored a draw against me, the 7th seat. However, I'm rather interested in knowing Kaya's story. Don't you wanna know, Ibusaki-Kun?" I said while watching Kaya, Tadokoro, and Soma-Kun leave.

"Tch, save it. You're not taking this seriously at all. You didn't even serve your specialty to them. That dish you made was just playing it safe" Ibusaki-Kun blurted out.

"Oh, I don't know what you're talking about. I put my all into that dish" I replied, smiling.

I knew exactly what he was talking about...