Chapter 72: Curry Wonderland

(3rd Person's POV)

You uncovered the dish, unleashing an insane explosion of flavour stronger than the last two served dishes. So strong they didn't even get to look at the appearance of the dish.

The air was blowing through your hair and attire, with a confident grin plastered on your face.

"W-WHAT THE HELL?!", "THE FRAGRANCE IS STRONG!", "IT'S SO HEAVY YET SO RICH!" the students shouted, also being blown by the strong aroma.

Sandawara felt her stomach growl like crazy, "w-what is this? I feel so hungry like I haven't eaten for decades!".

"The strong fragrance makes one starve to death and begs to eat this curry!", "I-I can't wait any longer! The fragrance...it's luring me in!" the male judges yelled desperately, drooling.

"Gentlemen! Let's pull it together! We must judge fairly!" another judge stated sternly, finally making the other judges snap out.

They looked at the dish, it was...oddly normal looking...

You didn't seem to make it appear surprising or anything...what are you hiding...?

"As the fragrance indicates, Eguchi-San added cinnamon, cumin, and coriander for the curry dish", "Hmm...they are pretty common spices. Nothing new about it, but there's a sweet yet mildly spicy scent that helped enhancing the flavour" the judges stated seriously.

"Garlic powder and ginger. Usually, it is used for stir fries and Asian dishes. Ginger can be flavoured with fish, chicken, and vegetables" another male judge pointed out, rubbing his chin.

You stood still, hands on your back, a smile and a devious look on your sleepy brown eyes, nothing but silence behind you...

Sandawara glanced at you while resting her chin on her intertwined hands supported by her elbows, "did you make chicken curry?".

"Actually, I made both beef and chicken curry in one dish..." you replied with a smirk.

"W-What?!", "Both meats are in one dish?", "It is common to grill both chicken and beef but make a curry dish with them both in it?!", "Is it possible?" the judges asked, sweat dropping.

Sandawara kept a straight face, staring at you, more like glaring at you...

She looked down on your dish, "she used a beef chuck steak, and chicken thighs for the curry. She cut them into cubes with the carrots and potatoes and simmered the meats separately before putting them together. Though, it is hard to cook two different kinds of meat together, she took a pretty tough challenge for herself".

"But, when she uncovered the dish, the fragrance was a lot stronger and richer than Yukihira and Hayama's dishes. And it's certainly not from those common spices we smelled. What else could she had added?", "Not to mention the colour of the curry, it's almost as red as it was smothered with hot red pepper. A spicy curry, perhaps?" the male judges pointed out.

Meanwhile, Hayama was watching with intensity, after that fragrance explosion, his nose grew more curious to know what the secret is hidden in that curry.

His hands clenched to his crossed arms, his heartbeat was loud to his ears, the feeling of fear was trying to get through him but struggled for not to show it.

Soma, on the other hand, his face lack of playfulness and that goofy smile of his was like it never existed. He silently watched with his golden orbs staring right at his rival yet friend from behind.

The judges took their spoons and tried to get a slice of the curry. Their eyes went wide and gasped.

"The meats are so tender that you can cut it with the spoon!" one of the male judges stated.