Chapter 108: The Way to the Castle of Darkness

(3rd Person's POV)

"To all those who have passed, the first gate has been opened. Next up is the second trial. Those who were exempted from the first trial will join the competition here" Anne instructed through the big screen.

On your way inside with Soma, Takumi, and Megumi, you saw other chefs who looked a lot tougher than the ones you saw. And among them was...

"Ts-...Tsukasa-Senpai!" Soma called with a shocked face. "Huh?" he suddenly stopped his cool pose and turned into his wimpy self.

"Yukihiraaaa!" he called back. "Oooh, it's ex-1st seat!" you said with a surprised face.

"E-Eguchi?! Ah, Tadokoro, and Aldini, too! Thank goodness there are people I know here!" Eishi said, feeling relieved.

"It's been a while" Takumi said, smiling politely. "I guess you're participating in the 'BLUE', too" Megumi exclaimed.

"Yeah, I received an invitation. But I've been surrounded by so many famous chefs. I felt like withering away. And there are guys in creepy masks, too. What the heck is 'Noir', anyway?" the white-haired boy whined and shivered.

 What the heck is 'Noir', anyway?" the white-haired boy whined and shivered

"This guy has serious low self-esteem...They're gonna eat him alive" you mused, rolling your eyes.

"Yeah, no kidding" Soma replied to Tsukasa. "Oh, please. I've never even heard of any of them! And those circus clowns are from 'Noir', those gangster looking chefs. And Senpai, you shouldn't keep underestimating yourself like this! Even though I defeated you once, you're still the best chef I've ever known for fuck's sake!" you said, encouraging him.

Tsukasa's eyes became sparkly, "r-really?". You kind of blushed and averted your gaze away, crossing your arms. "Oh, don't pretend like you don't know that" you said, huffing your cheeks.

Tsukasa smiled and turned to look at the shimmering sky. "Surprisingly, though, I don't feel like I can lose. I might've gotten stronger these past few months" he said.

Soma grinned, "I see. But we've gotten stronger, too". "Yeah, I look forward to seeing that" Eishi smirked.

"Let us now start the second trial" Anne began speaking. "The stage for this next culinary battle was created specifically for this trial. As you can see, it's a convenience store".

Your eyes widened, "a-a convenience store?!".

"All right, people! Outta my way!" Rantabi barged in. "Hey, it's that one chick again" Soma muttered.

She pulled the chair and sat on it in front of everyone. "Hey, could you get me some water? I'm dying of thirst here. I know I've met some of you already, but I'll go ahead and introduce myself again. I'm a second-class adjudicator with the W.G.O, Rantabi. I'll explain the second trial now. As you're all aware, Japanese convenience stores have a wide variety of things for sale. This trial involves these items" she spoke, then a guard handed her a drink.