Chapter 71: Autumn Elections (pt.3)

(3rd Person's POV)

In hall B...

"Candidate Tadokoro Megumi scored 88 points! She's in 4th place! In 3rd place is candidate Takumi Aldini with a score of 90 points! In 2nd place is candidate Arato Hisako with a score of 92 points! And in 1st place is candidate Nakiri Alice with a score of 95 points! Those are the four that will proceed to the main tournament from group B! Now, let's see what's happening with group A!" Urara announced the winners.

-

Meanwhile, in hall A...

An attack of flavour bomb invaded the entire hall, blowing your hair and cooking attire, as if it was a warning not to mess with the master of spices...

You and Soma had shocked expressions, seeing his curry will definitely win just by the smell of it!

He is not an easy opponent after all...

"Contained by the 'lid' is a luxurious curry full of umami from the kama! Take some of the naan with curry in your spoon and take a bite..." one of the judges commented, gulping nervously as he took a bite.

" one of the judges commented, gulping nervously as he took a bite

*FOODGASM*

"AAAHHHH~~", "It's delicious~!", "The fragrance is so strong and rich...".

"I'm detecting the spices fennel, lemon grass, and cinnamon. Wait! There's something that unites them! What lies at the center of this strong fragrance?!".

Sandawara slammed her hands on the table, "holy basil...! In fact, it's 'fresh' holy basil!"/.

"H-Holy...basil?" Soma asked, whispering. You turned your head to him, "it's a spice that's considered sacred in Southern Asia. Dad told me that one whiff and the sweetest feeling runs through your body".

"Is that so?" he put a hand on his chin. You nodded, keeping a serious face as you looked back at the white-haired boy, "he's a tough one, Soma. Better prepare for what's coming...".

Soma looked down at you and smirked, "is THE Eguchi (Y/N) scared~?".

Your face scrunched up in irritation, "no fucking way! I ain't scared of nobody!" your fists clenched so hard you almost bent the spoon. Soma chuckled with a smug face.

You sighed and continued to eat Hayama's dish that he offered you both, trying to taste every spice he added and compare it to yours.

"Yogurt?!".

"That's right, Yukihira. With a single misstep, holy basil can overwhelm other spices, but the yogurt mellows it out" Hayama explained with a smirk.

"Hayama-Kun~Would you be mine~? How much would you like? A hundred million? Two hundred? Name your price" Sandawara flirted, but not long until Hayama approached her, and their faces were only a few inches away.