Chapter 53: The Sneaking of Doubt

(Y/N's POV)

So, apparently, it's that time of the year. Soma was holding a pamphlet for this camp my parents told me about.

"What's this?" he asked. "A school outing where we stay in the woods for a few days. We had them in elementary school and middle school" Ryoko explained.

"Wow, so this school has events like these..." Soma said, he raised his head looking at poor Megumi, shivering.

"Tadokoro, why're you shivering?" he asked. "I'm guessing that you already know how hellish this camp is...?" I asked, as Soma looked at me with confusion.

"Y-Y-Y-Yes..." Megumi answered, she's a mess.

"All the first-year students stay out in the mountains, and they're subjected to daily, brutal tests of cooking. If you don't pass, you'll be told to leave the academy right away! They say it's 'in the spirit of friendship', but it's actually in the spirit of mercilessness and failure!" Yuki explained, seriously.

I lightly chuckled, of course I was obviously taking this 'hellish' training camp very lightly. Maybe it even won't be as hard as they say it is.

"(Y/N), don't take this camp too lightly" Isshiki-Senpai suddenly said. I got startled, "fucking...!! IS HE SOME SORT OF PSYCHIC?!".

"Isshiki-Senpai, you went to that camp too last year, right?" Daigo asked, sweat dropping.

"Of course! Even back then, several students had failed the tests and were forced to leave the academy, and get expelled" Isshiki-Senpai explained.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "typical...This damn school doesn't give a second chance to let everyone improve their cooking! This place alone is like staying in the wild, and you try as hard as you can to survive!".

I don't think that fire that lit inside of me had turned off since the Shokugeki with jiggly boobs. I crossed my arms, letting the voices of everyone around me fade away.

Trying to listen to my deep thoughts, until I got dizzy.

"This is why I don't like thinking" I thought, rubbing my forehead, groaning.

My thoughts were then interrupted by the shouting voice of Yuki, calling out to Megumi, whose passed out on the floor.

"We can take cards, or shogi, but no cellphone games-..." Soma kept reading, but paused as I gasped and put my hand on where my heart is.

"WHHHAATT??!" I screamed, and snatched the instructions from him. "Are you fucking kidding me??!! What's wrong with this school?! This is bullshit!! Ugh!!" I growled.

"Hey, Yukihira! How can you be so calm about this?! And (Y/N)-Chi, how can you be so angry about THIS?!" Yuki scolded.

"Shut up! Playing games is the ONLY thing that makes me tolerate this shitty place!!" I yelled back. "Oi, E, chill!" Soma said, grabbing me by my shoulders and made me sit on his lap while he continued to read.

I became quiet as soon as he sat me on his lap like a little child. Then, I noticed Isshiki-Senpai tilting his head, staring at us with a raised brow. I got flustered.

And, I felt an uncomfortable aura coming from someone, and a pair of eyes piercing me from the back of my head like there's a gun pointing right behind me.

"I bet it's Shun...Oh god, I can't even look at him! I can't get up! Soma keeps pulling me back!" I thought, worriedly as I try to move.

"Don't worry, everyone! I'm sure you all will succeed and be back with smiles on your faces! I have faith in you" Isshiki-Senpai said, smiling.

"Damn right we're gonna make it!" Daigo said, confidently. "We'll be back! Alive!" Shoji cheered. "Of course!" Marui said, smirking and fixing his glasses.

"Awwww our naked weirdo is so sweet!" I thought, smiling.

"All right!!", "I'm all fired up!", "We'll make it!!" they all cheered. Everyone then prepared their own stuff, as I did as well.

-

Later...

I sneaked to Shun's room like always after making sure that everyone's asleep. When I entered, I saw him laying on his bed.

"Wh-...You're asleep?!" I whisper-shouted.

"No" he answered and sat up, crossing his arms. I sensed that he's still upset, so I sat next to him.

"You're mad, right? You know, about me...sitting on S-" I started but he cut me off.

"Yes!" he strictly said. "Not to mention the rumours about you and Yukihira dating!".

"Eh, rumours kept chasing me since middle school. But I don't really care about them. And, I'm sorry! I was trying to get up, but he kept pulling me back! I didn't know wha-..."I explained, not realizing that my voice was increasing slightly.

Shun suddenly covered my mouth, I was startled, and my heart beat was getting faster, feeling scared.

"Is anyone up?" someone whispered through the mic, it sounded like Isshiki-Senpai.

"W-What's he doing up?!" I thought, panicking.

I looked at Shun and he put his index finger on his lips, shushing me. His face was a few inches away from mines.

Our bangs were almost touching, I could feel his warm breath on my lips. I silently gulped, feeling my heart rate accelerating.

A few minutes later, the silence was back again, and we sighed in relief. He slowly backed away.

"I think you should go to bed now. Good night" he spoke, not minding me as he laid down, facing the wall.

I stood still, staring at him, feeling a little...hurt. It's strange though, my heart doesn't actually feel anything, regardless of all the events I've been through in Totsuki till now.

But, somehow...I still feel the pain.

Maybe it's the only thing that I now and forever will feel...

"Good night..." I whispered, and quietly left his room.

I returned to my room, but I couldn't sleep. So, I tried to sort out my thoughts and...my so called feelings...especially towards Shun.

"Come to think of it, do I really like him? We don't really know each other for that long. Plus, I never dated anyone before. I don't really know how relationships goes" I thought, mindlessly.

Funny, I just got into high school and suddenly I'm dating someone I barely know.

Shrugging, "oh well. Guess I'll keep this relationship going...for a while at least".

I layed down on my bed, letting my eyes drift off to sleep.

-

Chapter End.