Chapter 59: Survival of Camp Hell (pt.6)

(3rd Person's POV)

Sometimes, silence can be so loud that you can't hear anything. One cannot hear the sounds of their heartbeats, nor their breathes, nor even their cooking utensils...

A deafening scream of silence was stuffing the cold, white and silvered kitchen. Lined up with figures like prisoners, who are standing still as if a cold wind had freeze them, and turned them into ice sculptors.

This silence, this moment, and this place were the coldest anyone could have ever experienced.

Sitting upfront, the ice king in all his glory, as he spat those cold words out of his mouth like sharp ice shards, stabbing the heart of the poor blue-haired girl...

"You're expelled..."

-

What happened before...

(Y/N's POV)

Today's the 2nd day of this hellish (not) camp. Not that I had trouble during it since some of the trainings were kind of similar to mines.

Our instructor this time was that pink-haired man who asked about my name on the first day. But, in a way, just by looking at him gave me a seriously bad feeling.

Like something bad is going to happen, yet I don't know what.

I just hope I'm wrong. Because looking at him just ticks me off!

 Because looking at him just ticks me off!

"Good morning. I'm Shinomiya Kojiro from Totsuki's 79th graduating class. In this challenge, you will make a dish of my choosing. You've been given your recette, right" he introduced, and explained the assignment.

I held the recipe and read it. The murmuring sounds of scared students were concerning.

"This is bad", "I heard he sent more than 30 students home yesterday", "Fuck, we're so screwed" they whispered.

"Hmm...he must be an old school, tough guy, huh?" I mused, raising a brow as my sleepy eyes stole glances at him.

Just as I was gazing at him, he caught me. Shit! I flinched and immediately looked away, avoiding eye contact.

"I chose one of my relatively easier recettes. Would you have preferred a more difficult dish?" he asked, waving his recipe paper with a sly smirk on his face.

I scoffed at his actions, "already on my 'asshole' list...".

"And another thing, in this challenge, you will not work in pairs. You'll each make your own dishes. And while cooking, any exchange of information or tips is forbidden" he instructed.

My eyes quickly diverted towards Megumi, who had a terrified looking face at the fact that she'll be working alone.

Soma didn't seem to be bothered at all, but that girl is having her worst nightmare...