Chapter 91: When Nightmares Come to Life

(3rd Person's POV)

The next day...

You went to class with Soma and found Takumi and Isami sitting next to each other. Isami noticed you and waved, "hi, (Y/N)".

"Hey, Isami and Takumi!" you smiled softly, waving back. Takumi blushed and avoided eye contact, "y-yes, hello...".

The blonde remembered something important and looked at the both of you, "ne, have you two heard about the speech broadcast?".

"Huh? Broadcast?" Soma raised a brow. "Yeah, I hear Nakiri Azami's doing that today" he stated. "It's going to be broadcast live throughout campus" Isami added.

"What now...?" you mentally complained, groaning. "I have to say, running away from home is a pretty drastic move on Nakiri Erina-San's part" Takumi remarked with concern.

"But is it going to work out? If they figure out that 'Polar Star' dormitory is hiding her..." Isami exclaimed, making you raise your brows in surprise.

"Wait, how did you know?!" you asked. "Well, you could say we saw her secretary sneaking around your dormitory" Isami said.

"Yeah, Arato comes everyday with changes of clothes, and the other Nakiri and Kurokiba come visit sometimes, but it doesn't look like they've figured it out" Soma stated.

Takumi and his brother sweat dropped anxiously, "that sure sounds like they've figured it all out!".

"I-I'm reporting live! The new director, Nakiri Azami, has arrived!" the girl on the screen caught our attention.

"Greetings, students. I am Nakiri Azami. I will now speak with you about the revolution I have planned to achieve my ideal vision for Totsuki academy. First, with regard to our culinary courses, research groups, research societies, and clubs, all such autonomous entities...

...will be disbanded" Azami spoke.

Your eyes widened with pure shock, "h-he can't be serious...this is bullshit!".

"They will all cease to exist with no exceptions" he continued, earning gasps and whispers from the students in front of him.

"Wh-What is going on?!" one of the research societies' leaders asked, completely outraged.

"Second, I will establish a new entity on campus. With the director and the elite ten council as its leaders, and my handpicked students as its members, it will be an organization of elites that pursue a new vision of gourmet dining. It will be a divine world where all gourmet dining will be shared. Its name shall be 'Central'".

"'Central'?!" you mentally asked, your mind was still processing what is happening right now. The feeling of your heart screaming had come again.

"All of your cooking will be determined by Central members. You will no longer have to create your own dishes..." Azami continued; you couldn't describe the amount of anger you felt as he said those words. You gritted your teeth as you kept watching.

"It is most unfortunate, but anyone who disobeys this edict will have to leave the academy" he finished.

"THAT'S RIDICULOUS! WHO'D GO ALONG WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!", "IT MAKES NO SENSE!", "IT'S COMPLETELY UNFAIR!!" the students shouted angrily.

"Think about it. There is far greater injustice in the existing system. With meritocracy as an excuse, those who fail are cast aside despite the fact that different individuals will learn at different speeds. Don't you find that barbaric? All culinary classes will become a means of conveying Central's teachings. All students will benefit equally from them. By that, I mean the skills, ideas, and recipes worthy of the elite ten will eventually be acquired by all of you here" Azami proceeded his speech.