Chapter 85: Trouble Following

(Y/N's POV)

I was in my dorm room typing on my laptop, trying to know more about those ten guys.

"Let's see...*Types Kuga Terunori*...aaaand search!" I mumbled, now watching a video.

"So, Kuga-San, your food is loved by a lot of people even though that you are a student at Totsuki Academy!" the interviewer spoke.

"Well, yes, you could say that heaven was feeling pretty generous the day I was created. Not only am I rich, but I'm also an excellent cook, too. To top it off, I was a cute kid. To be honest, I basically have everything" Terunori said proudly.

"Oh my god..." I muttered with a cringed face.

"Well, not exactly everyth-...".

"Hm? What? Are you saying I'm short? Who cares? What does that mean? Nothing! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!" Terunori cut the interviewer off.

The interviewer sweat dropped nervously. "Anyway, I was basically on the fast track to success..."

"Fast track? What doe-..." I spoke, but his face turned all serious. "...until that day" he suddenly said. I furrowed my brows and continued watching with complete focus.

"When I was still a first year and winning every single Shokugeki against my underclassmen. The historic day of my biggest defeat, when all my confidence went up in flames. But the worst of it wasn't that day. It was what happened after...".

I paused the video and crossed my arms. "His biggest defeat? To whom?" I mused, a hand on my chin. I sighed as I tried to remember anything to connect it with this video.

*Flashbacks*

"We second years are...also busy with battling third years, you know" Terunori's voice turned deep at the last sentence, glancing at the third years.

"He might need some help to try new things. And I think you're the perfect person for this task" Miyoko said.

*End of Flashbacks*

"He doesn't seem to have backgrounds about other cuisines besides Chinese cuisine. I'm taking a wild guess that he had lost to the 1st seat...Man, he really needs some help" I thought.

-

At school...

When I was walking down the hallway, I halted in my steps and looked out the window to see trucks coming into the academy.

"What're those trucks here for? Are they building something?" I mentally asked myself but shrugged it off as I didn't really care.

Ah, the hallways are already empty. Everyone's in class right now, I should go as well.

My class wasn't that far away, fortunately. But as I was walking...I couldn't help but...feel like something or someone's watching me.

I keep looking back, but there was no one around! Ok, now I'm getting the chills...