Chapter 111: Rights & Wrongs

(Asahi's POV)

Oops, my tongue's slipped...

Well, it was quite intentional. The look on Yukihira-Kun's face wasn't what I expected, but it sure shocked him! Haha!

I walked away after exposing Eguchi-Kun's little secret, leaving her to handle it from there. I guess saying that secret may be beneficial for my own good.

Soon, she'll have no choice but to join us...

I called the other members and gathered around in a place where no one can hear us.

"Hey, hey. So, what'd you call us here for?" Marcanta asked with his fucking clown grin.

"We have things to do, you know" Bunny Hare stated. "Well, you see...it looks like I was hit with a troublesome opponent right from the get-go. I was hoping you'd help me out" I said, smirking.

"The hell are you talking about? Unlike Sarge, we have no loyalty to you" Tommy sneered. Bunny Hare giggled, "we just played along because you were worth using. We're not helping you out".

"We want to get ahead, too!" Marcanta said, loudly. "I see. You see, this is why I'd love Eguchi (Y/N) to join us...so she puts bastards like you in your places just like she did to Sarge" I smiled, then it slowly disappeared when I said the last line.

-

Meanwhile...

(Y/N's POV)

I don't know how long I was standing. My legs hurt from shaking, I feel like those golden orbs are choking me, I can't breathe...

That son of a bitch Asahi did this on purpose! It's all his fault!

But it's my fault, too...

Soma's still standing still with a blank face. I finally gathered my courage to speak up and took a deep breath.

"S-Soma-..." I whispered.

"It all makes sense to me, now" he suddenly spoke, nonchalantly.

"Wh-What?" I asked, anxiously.

"You joined Central behind our backs just to protect us, but in order to save us, you lost the 'Team Shokugeki'. Asahi knew about this and gave hints since that day in class. Heh, I was stupid for not believing that" he mumbled with a straight, lifeless face.

"Soma, you're my friend. I did this for you, for everyone in 'Polar Star' dormitory! I HAD to lose! If it weren't for me losing, you wouldn't be standing right here!" I stated, desperately trying to explain myself.

"So, in order to save us, you lie to me, making me think that I won when I actually had false victory..." he continued.

I looked down, letting my bangs covering half my face, "I was afraid that I could've won that day, and lose you forever...".

Even by not looking at his dead face, I can feel his eyes glaring down at me.

"Then, maybe losing is better off than living with false winning" he said, I slowly raised my head, looking at him with teary eyes.

"Friend? I'd rather leave Totsuki than to be friends with someone like you..."

He slowly turned and walked away, with that same expression on his face.

I couldn't help but break down crying, as my legs gave up on me and dropped on the ground...

-

Meanwhile...