Chapter 97: The End of Everything (pt.2)

(3rd Person's POV)

"All right, time for the finishing touches!" Soma exclaimed with a silly face, holding soba in his hand.

"I-IS THAT-...?!", "'YAKISOBA'?!", "NO WAY!" the students shouted.

"HE'S STIR-FRYING IT!!".

Nene stared at Soma in disbelieve, "he's ruining the 8:2 ratio soba he went to the trouble of making...The delicate flavours will all be lost. Yukihira Soma-Kun, you will meet your end here. In the end, your dish is a desperate improvisation. I'll shatter it right along with the high expectations Isshiki has of you!" she mused through gritted teeth.

"Huh? Is it bad? But 'Yakisoba' is made by pan-frying the noodles" Alice asked, her index finger on her chin. "That dish may be called 'Soba', but the noodles used in the dish are made from wheat. It's a completely different genre" Erina stated.

"If we were to a traditional Edo-style soba restaurant for our Stagiaire, and try to pan-fry soba like Yukihira, we would've been thrown out right away. That's how eccentric this is" Takumi said with crossed arms.

"Aaahh~, but it smells so good!" Megumi said, blushing. Meanwhile, Nene had finished boiling her noodles.

"It looks like she finished boiling her noodles. And here comes the final step, 'Kakiage Tempura'!" Erina pointed out, as Nene began frying.

"Damn, that looks good, too!", "I can't stop drooling!" Shoji and Daigo said, drooling.

"She is a true virtuoso with exhaustive knowledge of soba!", "He's at a disadvantage for sure" Marui and Shun stated anxiously.

Alice looked at Hayama, "what do you think, Hayama-Kun? What's your nose telling you?".

Hayama sniffed, "her dish is not easily overcome, but...".

"Don't lose, Yukihira!" Ryo suddenly spoke.

-

Later...

"I'm done" Nene spoke.

"Our Central's Kinokuni-Senpai is the first one up! Just look at that Soba's shine! It takes your breath away. Behold the power of the elite ten!" Urara spoke.

"Kinokuni style '9:1 Ratio Soba with Sakura Shrimp Kakiage Tempura'. Please enjoy it" Nene said with a blank face.

 Please enjoy it" Nene said with a blank face

"This soba is sexy. It's like a gracious woman's velvet skin" Charme commented. "A long line of chefs in the Edo-style soba tradition, I see. Impressive" Histoire stated.

"It looks delicious" Satomi said, smiling. "Let us begin deliberations" Anne said, taking the chopsticks. "Oh, the light, yet rich fragrance of bonito stock..." Satomi said, looking at the soba in her chopsticks.