Chapter 37: A New Home

(2nd Person's POV)

Fumio-San stared down at your dish, the more she looked at it, the more she wanted it as she gulped nervously. Her mouth was watering at the sight of the crunchy-looking chocolates with peanut butter stuffed into them. she reached out her hand and took one of those chocolates, taking a bite out of it.

*FOODGASM*

"SO SWEET! The dark chocolate tastes so rich, and even though it is cold, it instantly melts in my mouth once I eat it. And its mixture with the peanut butter, it's like they're dancing on my tongue!" Fumio-San spoke, energetically. She then tasted something crunchy.

"Huh? What's this? Is it some sort of biscuit? Nut? It's the reason for this delicious crunchiness!" the Madonna began drooling. "And all this is made with only four ingredients. How'd make this?" she looked towards you.

"I combined the peanut butter with softened butter and mix them together, then I added powdered sugar and mix them all together until I got the dough-y texture I needed. Then, I rolled them up into several balls and put them in the fridge for 15 minutes until they are firm enough. While the peanut butter balls were chilling, I melted the dark chocolates with butter and stirred until the texture was light and the chocolate melted completely. But I wanted to add something to it, so I took out the mini chocolate chip cookies, crushed them, and added them to the chocolate. After I was done, I took out the peanut butter balls and dipped them in the chocolate, then let them cool in the fridge while you ate Soma's food. When you eat it, you'll feel the crunchiness of the cookies, and the mix of peanut butter and chocolate will melt together on your tongue!" you explained.

"Woah, that sounds really good! Can I try a piece?" Soma asked with an excited tone. "Here" you took a piece and offered it to him. The red head opened his mouth, and you fed the chocolate to him.

"It's super yummy! The cookies really add a crunch to it!" he remarked with a mouthful, making you giggle. Fumio-San gazed at the two of you as she ate the last of the chocolate peanut butter balls, she crossed her arms and hummed to herself as she thought about her final decision after evaluating the two dishes. The two of you were busy conversing when the Madonna interrupted by clearing her throat, earning both your attention.

"Yukihira Soma and Eguchi Kaya, after tasting both of your dishes and evaluating them. I have come to the decision about your staying at the 'Polar Star' dormitory" she said, and you and Soma looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"Congratulations. You two are welcome to our dorm!" she smiled, both you and Soma's eyes widened with ecstasy, high fiving each other before looking back at the head of the dorm.

"Glad you liked it!", "You're welcome!" you and Soma said simultaneously. Fumio-San dug her hand into her apron's pocket, taking out two keys, and handing them to the two winners.

"Here are the keys to your dorm rooms. Yukihira, your room is No.303, and Eguchi your room is No.304. Your rooms are on the second floor" she said, as you took your dorm room's key while grinning with excitement.

"Thank you so much!" you bowed to the woman, feeling relieved that you won't spend the night out. The red head, too, he looked way too happy about not sleeping outside tonight as he snatched the key from Fumio-San and dashed his way to the stairs.

"YES!!" you shook your head and lowly chuckled as you grabbed your luggage, carrying them all the way up the stairs. Now that you looked more at the place, it didn't seem scary anymore, that is before standing in front of a dimly lit hallway, which made you change your mind in a second.

"Oh god! Why's the hallway so dark?!" you mentally cried.

-

Meanwhile...

(Fumio-San's POV)

"Hah! Cooking food with such little ingredients. Looks like we've two interesting new residents...Yukihira Soma, and Eguchi Kaya, huh?" I spoke, smirking.

"Little or no, I'm a chef! I can make anything if I put my mind and heart into it!" I reminisced her words before taking bringing them to the kitchen, making me snicker.

"She looks a lot like you, Masahi" I mumbled. I remember the first time he stepped foot into this dormitory, he had the same look of determination on his face. A look that clearly stated that he will take on any challenge and not back down. Though, if I have to be honest, I was pretty surprised when I got a call from the administration to tell me that Eguchi Kaya will live here. Not to mention that she became a chef in only 3 months, according to the other residents since they told me what happened this morning at the opening ceremony.

"So, does that mean that she never planned to be a chef from the beginning? If so, I wonder what changed her mind" I pondered. Though, assuming that since Masahi and Mayumi are such great chefs, she must've gotten inspired by them or something. Those two may differ in many things, but they have one thing in common; once they put their minds into something, they do it! Now, their little girl is practically following their steps that she's even staying at the same dormitory they used to live in when they were in high school.

Heh, well, she's not the only one.

It's been years since this dorm had people like Masahi, Mayumi, and him as well. Things were quite interesting, loud, but still they made this place fun for everyone. And now, seeing that those two are gonna stay here, things are gonna get hectic! I can't help but be curious, though, just how much did she learn so that she can get into Totsuki. This academy is like a huge tank full of vicious sharks, but can she handle the bites without bleeding to death?

Yukihira seems like he can handle things on his own, but she's still a fresh meat in this vast world of culinary. If she doesn't fend for herself, they'll chomp on her like celery. I shrugged my shoulders as I poured the tea in my cup after it became ready, blowing on the steam before taking a sip and releasing a satisfying sigh.

"Well, it doesn't matter. We'll see how far she'll go...".

-

Chapter End.