Chapter 70: Autumn Elections (pt.2)

(3rd Person's POV)

"BEGIN COOKING!!".

Chopping, slicing, seasoning, frying, grilling, only the sounds of the crowds, fire, and kitchen utensils were echoing loudly through each hall.

In hall A, there were four judges waiting to be served, but only one was missing.

Just as you noticed it, a beautiful woman entered the hall with two female bodyguards behind her.

"Welcome. I believe we informed you that we would begin at 11 o'clock?" Eizan stated with a smirk.

The woman scoffed, "are you saying that, knowing full well how difficult it is to free even one minute of my schedule? Well, Eizan-Kun?".

The students were staring at the powerful woman in front of them and started murmuring.

"I-It's Sendawara Natsume!", "She's the queen of curry!", "I can't believe she's actually here!", "Eizan-Senpai's amazing, being able to bring in a superstar like her!".

Sendawara took her seat with the other judges. It seemed like she and Eizan were having a quiet, yet indirect argument.

But, that didn't matter now! You were working like a full turned-on cooking machine to prepare the best curry dish.

-

Meanwhile, in hall B...

The judges were closely observing the chefs in front of them..

"Takumi Aldini, is he from Italy? It looks like he's making fond from beef shank and chicken bones. It's nothing new" stated the female judge, who was completely flirting with Isshiki-Senpai just a second ago...

"His younger brother's the one next to him. Isami Aldini. He's covered the bottom of his pot with tomatoes" said one of the male judges.

"Tomatoes are a stable vegetable in Italian cuisine. I'm sure he knows all about them" the female judge commented.

Meanwhile, Yuki added her spices to her skillet. A heavy, delicious aroma spread around like magic.

*SPICEGASM*

"Ah! This peculiar, insistent fragrance...it must be from spices being sauteed in duck fat!" said the female judge, feeling happy and giddy because of the smell.

"Huh? Look there, what is she making? Even though spices are supposed to be sauteed in fat, in theory, she just threw them into the water!" one of the male judges asked, pointing at Hisako.

Meanwhile, the students were observing Alice, amazed at how she was cooking in a different way than the others. Her station was more-so like a laboratory than a regular kitchen.

As for Sadatsuka Nao, well...we all know what kind of food she's making...

"That, over there, is the heir of Hojo-ro, a famous restaurant in Yokohama's Chinatown. Many of the spices used in Chinese cuisine can be used in curry. It'll be interesting to see how she'll finish up her dish!" one of the male judges commented.

-

Meanwhile, in hall A...

Ryo was in his usual dull mode until he put on his bandanna, and now he's in demon mode, slicing his ingredients like a crazy criminal, getting the attention of the judges.

Hayama, on the other hand,

His cooking had just begun...

As he sprinkled his secret weapon spices on his pot, an explosion of fragrance emerged through the entire hall. A smell of freshly grind spices, a smell of...perfection!