Chapter 114: The Taste of Failure

(3rd Person's POV)

Asahi took out all the knives he claimed from his previous opponents and started chopping his ingredients.

Among them, not only Joichiro's knife, but also Tsukasa's grater knife...

The black-haired boy was too focused on his cutting, until he heard voices in his head of the most amazing chefs he ever met and trained him everything he ever needed to know.

Having a blast, Asahi thought he was now the protagonist of his story, until his concentration was cut off by a red headed boy.

"Well, that's good. I feel better now" Soma spoke, smirking, earning a glance from Asahi. "I mean, at first glance, you've got a decent chance. But it's basically a cheat code version of all the training we've done, right? That means we're still somewhat on the same level. So, I guess I'd better hurry and catch up".

Asahi snickered, "this is exactly what makes you so naïve. Go ahead and try it if you think you can".

A faint rattling sound was heard from behind Asahi. Soma slowly broke his glares, as his golden orbs glanced back.

Seeing you standing behind the curtains, tear stains on your cheeks, and wearing the black chef attire. Right behind you, stood Marcanta and Bunny Hare to keep you from running away or do anything they think is stupid.

Soma's eyes trailed down to your legs, and saw that you were chained like an animal...

Blood was boiling inside the red head, as Asahi noticed it, his smile grew wider. Soma glanced back at Asahi and grinned, wearing his headband.

"Just you wait, Saiba Asahi!".

-

Later...

Soma was checking the ingredients, thinking about what to make for a five-course one dish.

"I guess this is the least I'm gonna have to do..." he muttered.

Asahi glared at him, smirking. "Looks like you finally narrowed down your menu" he said.

"Actually, I'd say it's sorta all over the place now, rather than narrowed down" Soma stated, earning a puzzled look from Asahi.

"Huh?" his smirk faded. "I'm gonna make a dish for each of the 'Five Grand Cuisines', meaning I'm gonna make five in total. And after that, I'm gonna cram them all together. That'll be my completed dish" Soma announced with determination.

Though, he did get shocked stares from his friends, and the crowds.

"WWWHHHHAAAAAATTTT???!!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!", "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!", "IS HE JOKING?!" the audience were practically panicking.

"Hehe, how foolish. He thinks he can just create a 'Five Grand Cuisines' dish by just cramming them all together?" Bunny Hare asked, giggling menacingly.

"Oooh, it's not gonna look good" Marcanta added.

"This probably isn't the time to try anything risky, Yukihira. I'd rather not win by default here. It's obvious that you're gonna fail" Asahi mocked.

Soma started chuckling, as Asahi looked at him with a serious face.

"You really don't know anything, do you...?" Soma asked, still chuckling. "Huh?" Asahi scowled.

"That's what she had been doing all along...taking risks" the red head said, smirking.

Realization hit Asahi as he knew who Soma was talking about, he quickly averted his silver gaze to your direction, seeing you smile.