Chapter 65: A Second Chance

(Soma's POV)

The sunrays shine through my window, making me groan in annoyance. Looking at what time it is, "ugh, it's 5:30 am?" I muttered.

"Soma, come down to the kitchen. And bring your knife" my dad said through the mic. Eventually I got up.

"I wonder why dad came back to Japan all of a sudden..." I thought. When I went to the kitchen, I saw him standing hands on his hips, wearing his apron.

"Ah, there you are. Have you kept your knife sharp?" dad asked. "Of course. Yesterday, to get rid of the smell of the sharpening stone, I-.." I spoke, but he cut me off.

"Ok, fine. So, sorry to throw you right into this, but I wanna see how far you've come" he said. I softly gasped at this sudden request.

"Or how far you haven't...". I knew where this is going...

"Show me, right here, and right now

"Show me, right here, and right now. I'd say it's been too long since we've had a Shokugeki...Soma" he finished, a dark aura surrounded him. My eyes were wide in shock, my muscles got tense, I felt like I couldn't move...

I smirked, "I thought you had come back kinda suddenly. So, this was the reason, huh?". "What's wrong? You gonna do this or not?" he asked.

I quickly took out my knife and wore my white bandanna, "of course I am!".

-

Meanwhile...

(Y/N's POV)

The sun annoyed me to get up already. I groaned, trying to cover my face with the blanket.

"Can't even get a good sleep in this damn school..." I mumbled in irritation. I got out of my bed, and brushed my hair and teeth and went out.

I saw Megumi coming out of her room, her hair is all over her face, I chuckled at the cute sight. "Morning, Megumi!", she turned to me with a tired smile, "morning, (Y/N)".

The both of us made it downstairs to the kitchen, she sneaked to the fridge while I stood there, staring in confusion at what Soma, his dad, Fumio-San, and Isshiki-Senpai were doing.

"T-Tadokoro? E?" Soma asked. "Hi..." I gave a little wave. "Oh, Soma-Kun, good morning..." Megumi tiredly said, closing the fridge.

He flinched, "w-what the hell? You've got some major bags under your eyes!". "Yes, I'm very tired, but whenever I think about the training camp, I can't sleep...".

"Hahaha! You really got traumatized. Then, I'll go and make us some coffee" I said with a smile and went to make coffee.

"Ah, but the timing's just right. Come here, Megumi" Fumio-San said, motioning for the tired blue-haired girl to come.

"Huh...?" she asked, feeling all weary due to the lack of sleep. "So, this will make three judges. Everyone agreed?" ol' naked Isshiki-Senpai asked, as everyone nodded.