Chapter 68: The Master of Spices

(3rd Person's POV)

"Well, what a beautiful morning! It's a perfect way to start our first day of summer break!" Isshiki-Senpai exclaimed happily, wearing nothing as usual.

He turned his head as he noticed you all curled up under a tree for shadow. "Are? (Y/N), why are you over there?".

"I can't stand the heat! There's NO WAY in hell I'm gonna work under this degree!" you exclaimed tiredly. "Meow~" Snow purred. Yes, you've asked Fumio-San permission to bring your kitty with you to the dorm.

"HEY, EVERYONE! COME TAKE A LOOK AT THIS! IT ARRIVED! IT'S FROM THE AUTUMN ELECTIONS OFFICE!" Yuki yelled, running towards everyone with an envelope in hand.

"Alright! Let's open it!" Soma said excitedly. You crawled from under the tree, hissing like a vampire afraid of the sunlight. You put your hand on your forehead and ran towards Soma and the others.

When he opened the envelope, it was the first topic for the Autumn Elections...

"Curry Dish"

"So, we have to make a curry rice?" Soma asked, putting a hand on his chin. "It says 'dish', so it doesn't have to be curry rice" Ryoko stated, serving hot tea.

"So basically, it's any dish that uses curry in some form" Shun exclaimed. "Right, Isshiki-Senpai?" Yuki asked. Isshiki-Senpai looked at everyone with his usual smile, "well, I wonder...".

"You can make any dish that uses curry. I mean, it's obvious from the topic. My dad once served me chicken curry rice, but it can be any other dish, so long as it contains curry" you stated.

"I agree with you, (Y/N)-Chi" Yuki nodded. Isshiki-Senpai glanced at you after asking Ryoko for a second cup of tea. You, on the other hand, felt eyes silently yet gently were piercing you for guiding your friends.

Whereas in Totsuki, everyone around you are enemies...

You looked towards him all of a sudden, but he quickly diverted his eyes to another direction before getting caught. Something felt wrong, there was a negative vibe coming out of someone, which you didn't like at all.

Your thoughts were cut off by Soma standing up, "hey, Tadokoro, E, can you come with me? I have to go somewhere".

You and Megumi nodded and followed.

-

In the middle of the road...

(Y/N's POV)

"So, where are we going?" I asked. "Oh, my dad told me before he left that there was a student he knew who always made curry dishes. Someone named Shiomi, your parents knew her as well" Soma replied.

I raised my brows in surprise, "really??". "Yeah. So, she must be an instructor in Totsuki now. She'll look after us. Oh! I think that's the place" he said, pointing at an old building.

"W-What the fuck...?" I thought, eyes wide. The building was small, old, it looked like it was built with metal only.

"It's more run-down than I expected" Soma mumbled. "M-M-Maybe she's scare like Chappelle-Sensei" Megumi assumed, sweat dropping. Making me chuckle.

We went inside and what amused me is that the inside of the building looked rather normal, but the outside is......ugh! Y'know what? Nevermind.

We walked in until we saw a room that said 'Shiomi Lab'...

"Excuse us!" Soma yelled as we entered. When I walked in, a heavy smell of several kinds of spices burst into my nostrils.

I turned my head and flinched when I saw a woman with ponytail hairstyle sitting on the ground, grinding what seemed like a spice.