Chapter 64: The Demon and The Mad Chef Reunite

(3rd Person's POV)

It was now night time, and every shop and diners were closing to end their day and go home, get a good night sleep.

Masahi was instructing one of the waiters on what he should do, when he heard the restaurant's door open.

"Sir, I'm sorry but we're cl-........Joichiro?!" Masahi said, eyes wide. Joichiro smirked and gave a small salute, "yo! I see that you're doing well, my buddy".

Masahi chuckled, "you bastard, c'mere!" he pulled Joichiro into a tight hug.

They pulled away and started chatting about what they've been doing. "Oh, right! Mayumi, come out and see who's here!" Masahi yelled.

"Huh? Who's he-....AH! Joichiro!" Mayumi yelled energetically. "Long time, no see....Mayumi" he said, smiling.

Mayumi ran and hugged him like a little kid. "What're you doing here? I thought you were traveling".

"I just returned to see my son. I'm headed to Totsuki now, but I wanted to stop by and see you guys first" Joichiro said.

"You're son's at Totsuki?" Masahi asked, crossing his arms. "Yeah, his name is Soma" Joichiro answered, which made Masahi flinch at the familiar name.

*Flashback*

"Some meat girl we challenged for some reason..." you said, rubbing the back of your head. Masahi looked at you with a raised brow, "'we'..?".

"Oh, me and Yukihira Soma! He's a friend, and dormmate. We met at the same day of the entrance exam" you stated.

*End of flashback*

"Ooohh I would love to go back and see Totsuki, again! I wonder how Fumio-San's doing?" Mayumi asked happily, snapping me out. "Our daughter (Y/N) also studies there!".

"Then let's go! I'll wait outside while you close the restaurant" Joichiro said, leaving the diner.

-

Meanwhile...

(Fumio-San's POV)

"Back and forth, back and forth. Vroom, vroom! Back and forth, back and forth! The kids should be back anytime soon. Things will get lively here again" I said to myself after vacuuming the place when a doorbell suddenly rings.

"Huh? My, that certainly was fast..." I mumbled, marching to the door.

When I opened it, my eyes shot opened.

I snickered, "well, well, honestly. If you guys were going to come, you could've at least called. You still don't have much common sense, do you?".

"Hahaha! Well, we wanted to surprise you, Fumio-San" Masahi chuckled, putting a hand on his best friend's shoulder. Mayumi ran to me and hugged me tightly, I missed her...

"We're back..." Joichiro spoke.

" Joichiro spoke