55. nowhere

‼️⚠️ mature content ⚠️‼️

Reader's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling a lot better than yesterday. I was able to move freely. I suddenly heard a knock on my door. I said come in! And in walks Hawks, he was carrying a pot of flowers.

"Good morning _____! I hope you don't mind but I brought you some flowers..to help you get better." He smiled.

"Awww thank you Hawks you're so swe-" I was cut off as I see more pots of flowers being carried by feathers coming into my room and being placed all over the place.

"Oh...uh thank you." 😅

Keigo-kun, I think you may be going a little overboard here..uhaha ____ thought.

Hawks froze.

Shit! I think I may be going a little overboard with this. Now that I realize it...this IS a lot of flowers...I mean I did just buy that entire store. Hope she doesn't mind. But I shouldn't get so attached to her. I know I've had feelings for her for a long time now but I don't even think she's close to being ready for another relationship when she just out of a bad one. I need to slow down. Ha.. I guess I do move too fast for my good. Hawks thought.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm feeling a lot better actually. After I woke up yesterday I couldn't feel my body at all but now I'm starting to get the feeling back."

"That's good to hear." He walks over and sits down next to me. "I'm just glad to see you're doing better kid." He smiled.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had work?"

"I do. I just want to stop by real quick to drop these..flowers off and see how you're doing. Seems you're recovering quickly than I expected." He said and I nod.

"But I must get going. I'm going on an important mission, I figured something out recently and need to act on it. And when I'm done I'll come and see you. If you need anything give me a call." He smiled and walked right out.

Is it me or is he acting too friendly I thought. Maybe because I work with him, he didn't want to lose his trusty sidekick.

I kept smiling as he walked out and as soon as the door closed tears start streaming down my cheeks.

"F-Fuck...dammit Dabi." She said under her breath.

I cried, clenching my fists against the blanket as tear drops fall on the sheets.

More memories of _____ and Dabi played in her head as her heart ached.

"I wont let anything happen to you Dabi....I promise." She said kissing him on the lips.

"Happy birthday _____, I love you."

"I love you too Dabi."

"Is...is it true Dabi?" She asked as her lips quivered.

"Yes..." he muttered and her eyes widened.

No way..that..that can't be true! She thought.

"I'm doing what I should've done a long time ago.." he says bursting Yuzu into flames and the Nomu striking the spear in her body.

Yuzu's howl echoed in her head.

"I...want you....to take over...my agency...I know...you'll do great."

"Why me? Why do you want me to take over? I'm not, strong enough." She muttered as she continued to cry silently.