19

Molly

"HE'S... HE'S HERE... Jordan is here," Molly said as she pointed toward the door.

Zoe grabbed hold of her and sniffed. "I know. I told him to leave."

"What? No!" Molly pushed free of Zoe's grasp and hurled toward the door.

"Don't!" Zoe pulled her back as her anger became apparent.

"He scared me. I didn't expect to see him. I didn't know what to say or how to act. But now, I don't know. What if he does leave? He looked so hurt. What If I never see him again?"

"Molly! Do you even fucking hear yourself? Do you remember the pictures? What he did? He cheated on you. He broke your heart!"

Molly's mouth gaped open as she considered Zoe's words. Her hands covered her eyes as she stammered to the edge of her bed, slumping down.

"I know he did. I know. But he's here. Why would he come?"

Zoe rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. "He probably wants to say he's sorry. They're all 'sorry' when they get caught."

Molly nodded her head and hugged herself. "He just wants closure, right?"

Zoe nodded. "Right."

"Not me... He doesn't want me." Molly stared at Zoe, wanting confirmation. "All he wants was to know is that I forgive him. He doesn't want me; he wants her. Right?"

Zoe pressed her lips together as she scrunched her brows.

"What?" Molly asked. "Just say it. I know you don't want to hurt me, but I just need the brutal, honest truth. He doesn't love me, right?"

Zoe slid down into the chair and flinched.

"Just say it, Zoe! Say it!"

"I can't!" she shouted.

"Why can't you? Do you think I'm too weak to hear the truth?"

"No, that's not it. I can't say it because I'm not sure if it's it true! As much as I hate to admit it, I just don't know!"

Molly took a sharp breath.

"I'm trying, Molly. I'm trying to separate my life from yours. Separate Jordan and Joe. They aren't the same. Joe never loved me, but Jordan... I know he loved you. I don't know what happened, but Rob said he might have been drugged, and I just..."

"Drugged?" Molly turned her head sharply. "What are you talking about?"

Zoe scratched her eyebrow. "Shit! I wasn't going to say anything because they don't have any proof. It could just be another one of his lies."

"You had information and you didn't tell me?" Molly demanded as she grabbed Zoe's arm, causing their eyes to meet.

"I didn't want to give you false hope. What if it isn't true? You saw the pictures. He looked like a willing participant to me."

Molly sighed. "Yeah, he did. I don't know... I just don't know what to do, or how to feel, or how to even breathe." Molly seized her pillow and drew it to her chest.

Zoe glanced at the door, then back to Molly. "Do you want me to talk to him? See what he thinks he needs to say to you?"

Molly's eyes lit up briefly. "Would you? I hate this. I wish I could just let this go, but I can't. I need to know why he's here."

Zoe nodded. "Okay. I don't know how I get myself into this shit. If this weren't for you, I'd never do it. If I kick him in the dick, you can't be mad."