37

Molly

Molly could feel the warmth of the sun on her face. Her body felt comfortable and very at ease. Before she opened her eyes she could smell him. She peaked out just enough to see she was still wrapped in Jordan's arms and still laying on his chest. She had fallen asleep quickly last night even though she had tried to stay awake to take in the moment. Now she didn't want to move an inch. She took stock of where every part of her body was near his.

Her head was on his chest. He smelled like Jordan. It was a smell she would never get enough of. Her bare leg was draped over his. Her hand was on his stomach. It was firm and she could almost feel his abs. She wanted to move her hand and touch him, but she also didn't want to wake him. She wanted to stay like this for as long as she could. This was exactly where she wanted to be. She could feel his chest rise and fall with every breath he took and her heart ached for more of him. Could she ever be close enough to him? Would she ever be able to get enough of him? Being with him was a need, not a want. Being near him felt right. She loved him. She loved him so much her heart hurt. She wanted to tell him, but he wasn't ready. She would have to wait.

She stared at her hand. The covers were twisted around them and she could see the strings of his sweats. Molly felt her heart rate increase as she imagined sliding her hand down his stomach into his sweats and touching him. Surely he couldn't resist that. He was a man. She could sit up and take off her shirt. She could climb on top of him. She could feel herself getting wetter by the second. She was turned on just by being near him. She longed to feel his hands on her. Would he ever touch her? Would he even consider it after what happened yesterday? She had to remind herself that the only reason he was in her bed was because he felt guilty. Did she want to use his guilt to stay near him? No, she wanted him to talk to her. She wanted to help him.

Jordan began to stir. Molly moved her hand along his stomach. She couldn't help herself. It was now or never. His stomach was hard as a rock. She wondered if anything else was as hard.

"G'morning," he said as he moved slightly.

"You know what I was thinking?" she asked.

"I'm afraid to ask," he said with a yawn.

"I was thinking that your stomach is really tight and that I like the way it feels under my fingers." She started to rub her hand over him and he grabbed her arm.

"Don't... don't do that," he laughed.

"Why not, Jordan?" She looked up at him through her big eyelashes and he was looking down at her intently.

"Because, it's morning... and I don't want you to embarrass yourself."

"How could I possibly be embarrassed?"

"You're right... I don't want to be embarrassed." He sat up and moved his arm in a circle, trying to get the blood flowing in it again.

"So was it as good for you as it was for me?" she asked contently.

"Molly Porter? I'm surprised by your candor this morning. Are you always so outspoken at..." Jordan looked at the clock, "10 a.m.?"

"I'm outspoken when I wake up next to a very hot man in the morning."

Jordan chuckled as he rubbed his hair. "I'm pretty sure I'm not too hot right now."

Molly looked down and felt she needed to say more to him. "Thank you. Thank you for staying with me. I know we're just friends and that my sleeping on you all night is not really a thing a friend would do, but I want you to know that it meant a lot to me. I couldn't have done this without you, Jordan. I couldn't have made it through the night. I need you to know... I... I..." Molly wanted to tell him she loved him, but she worried he would run.