6

Molly

Dammit, why did he have to be so easy to talk to? The ride in the car with him felt so normal and at ease. She felt like she had known him her whole life. How could one look from him affect her so much? When his eyes met hers she almost melted. How could one man so easily exude so much sexiness just from the way he walked, talked and smiled? It was too much to handle. She glanced at her phone, three texts from Zoe and one from her mom. What was the time? 12:45 already? She was going to be at the airport this time tomorrow. How could she ever go back to the world she knew before? Being around him made her feel so alive.

They arrived at the studio and Jordan's manager Damien immediately pulled him in his office for a meeting about tour details. In a week or two they would probably start to practice with the stage and everything. She wished she could be there to see that.

Sidney greeted her with a hug.

"So, what can I do to help today?" Molly asked her.

"Seriously? You're supposed to be our guest. You need to stop asking me for work because honey, I've got so much to do it's coming out of my pores."

"No, really! I love staying busy and I find it all so fascinating."

"Have you met the band yet?" Sidney asked.

"No, I haven't."

"Would you like to?"

Molly's eyes bugged out, "Um, let me think... Yes! I'd love to!"

Sidney led her into the back room where the band was sitting in what seemed to be a lounge area. There were couches, a huge flat screen and a table filled with enough food to feed all of Boston.

"Guys, this is Molly Porter, the contest winner."

"So you are the poor girl that has to spend time with Jordan? Hi, I'm Max, nice to meet you." Max stood up and walked toward her with an outstretched hand.

She reached for his hand and shook it. Her eyes rose as she noticed he was much taller up close than he looked on stage. But that may have been because he sits on a stool through the slow songs, and that's half the concert.

"Nice to meet you too, Max."

She went around in a circle shaking hands with the drummer, violinist, and various other members, whose instruments she should have been able to remember but she was just in awe.

"Did Sidney tell you we had a bet you'd be in your early forties?" Max said with a grin.

"I am in my early forties," she said as she cocked her head surprisingly.

Max asked her if she could play an instrument. She said that she couldn't but she wished she could play the piano. Then they asked her if she could sing.

"Did Jordan put you up to this?" she asked.

"No, why? Now we're curious," Max said.

"Never mind..."

"Oh, come on, you do sing, don't you?"

"I sSidney in college for a bit but I'm terrible."

"Let's hear it. We'll play along."

"No way!" she stammered, completely freaked out.

Then the chanting of "sing" started and she threw her hands in the air. After doing a once over the room and seeing Jordan was nowhere to be found, she reluctantly agreed to try.

"What will it be?" Max asked.

The only song that came to mind was one she sSidney in the car with Zoe.