8

Molly

They spent the next three hours sorting through posters of Jordan, t-shirts of Jordan and various other merchandise sold at his concerts. At one point, Jordan had insisted she put on one of his t-shirts. Anyone she wanted. She chose the one that said, "Who likes Jordan Knight? This girl!" with two big thumbs pointing her way. Jordan took the same shirt and placed in on his head and wore it like a towel backwards. She had never laughed as much as she did that night, and she thought Zoe was funny.

The longer they were there, the easier it became to be around him. They talked and laughed through the hamburger dinner he had delivered at 8 p.m. and she learned more about him in those few hours than she could ever have learned from any interview or magazine article. He was just as charming in person, even more so. He could imitate so many people and had a lengthy skit of various voices that he performed for her while they sorted and packed. He did an imitation of Sidney that was so dead on that even she almost broke into tears from laughing so hard.

But the moment she would never forget for as long as she lived happened while they were eating. Molly had just take a bite of her burger when he stopped eating and stared at her. He reached over and wiped the corner of her mouth with his thumb and shyly smiled. Then he cracked a joke about how he couldn't take her anywhere, defusing the intensity of the moment. That brief second, when he touched her face, she stopped breathing. His hands were soft and he was so gentle. No one had ever made her feel the way he made her feel with that one simple gesture and that one look. She would have jumped off a bridge if he asked her to and she had never jumped for anyone.

Sidney somehow let it slip that she had sung with the band. Jordan's eyes almost popped out of his head as he looked away from his box and toward Molly. "You sang for them?"

"They forced me!" she squealed like a little girl.

"Well they must have some magical powers to get you to sing for them. You won't even hum for me and I'm your date." Jordan smiled, stood, and studied the papers in his hands briefly before looking back toward Molly.

Molly thought of all the things she would be willing to do for him. Her mind went to the gutter and she had to pull herself out again. She must have blushed because Jordan asked her what she was thinking.

"I can't tell you. It's a secret," she smiled coyly as she put the last of several shirts into a box.

"I like secrets," he said with a sly smile.

"Jordan, leave the girl alone," Sidney chimed in. "We can't tell you everything we're thinking. Then we wouldn't be mysterious and alluring." She winked at Molly like she knew she was undressing him in her mind.

"Mysterious and alluring... Is that the goal? Damn, why are you just telling me this now? Do you know how many dates of mine could have gone so much better if I would have known that was the objective?"

Molly giggled but cringed inside at the idea of Jordan being on a date with anyone besides her. She got up to close the box and Jordan grabbed the packing tape and strode toward her. Molly held the flaps as he walked around her to seal the box. He moved ever so slightly and his leg brushed up against hers. She felt a shiver go through her body at his brief touch. She hoped he didn't notice her tremble at the nearness of him. When he stood next to her, she got another chance to smell him, and oh lord! How could his scent be that intoxicating? It took every ounce of energy she had not to throw her arms around him and hold on for dear life.

"You smell good," he said as he looked her in the eye without a hint of the anxiety she felt at his proximity.

Gasp. "So do you," she said as she bit her lip. She was beguiled by his smile. Her nerves quickly settled and she fearlessly asked, "Did I miss the Jordan Knight cologne for sale? Because I totally want a bottle."