32

Molly

Molly slid off of Jordan and back into her seat as the officer approached the car.

"Everything okay in here?" the officer asked as he moved closer.

Molly's skin was on fire. She felt extremely warm and very nervous, as if she'd just gotten caught stealing candy from a store.

Jordan's eyes rose as the officer approached. "Everything is... Daryl?"

"Jordan Knight! Holy hell, that is you! After I ran the plate I considered it was just a coincidence that the car along the road had a driver with the same name as my old buddy from high school baseball."

Jordan reached his hand out the window and they bumped fists. Molly sort of grinned and then sort of rolled her eyes.

"Where are you coming from?" Daryl asked.

"Mom and Dad's, just had dinner with Callie and my friend, Molly."

Daryl bent down and waved to Molly in the car then said hi to Murphy. "Callie... How is your sister? Still single?"

Jordan smiled then furrowed his brows. "Yes she's single and I know you're a cop but you still have to get through me to get to her."

"Don't I know it! How have you been?"

"Good! Just getting ready to start a tour."

"Fantastic. So proud of you man! Hey let's get together for a drink soon."

"Sounds great, Daryl. I'll send some concert tickets down to the station. Are we good here?"

"You're fine. Glad to know you're okay. Sorry to um, interrupt." He winked at Jordan and tipped his hat to Molly before walking back to his car.

Molly adjusted her dress and put her seatbelt on. She looked over at Jordan and he grinned before he started to laugh. Molly couldn't help but laugh too, but it was only as to not cry. His hands were on her. His lips were almost touching hers and once again, it didn't happen. How could she have this luck? One thing was for sure, Molly knew Jordan was into her too. There was no way to deny it. She was so turned on she could still feel his hands on her thigh. Dear God he was so sensual and so gentle and his hands... This was going to be good. She couldn't wait to get home and start back where they left off.

Jordan waved to Daryl as he pulled off and then they pulled away as well. The rest of the ride home they were both pretty quiet. Molly almost said something several times but each time she stopped herself because it didn't seem like the right thing. They arrived home and it was almost ten o'clock. Jordan walked Murphy and Molly went inside.

The minute Molly walked through the door, she began to plan. They could continue just where they left off. She would tell him she wanted him and he would finally kiss her. They were so close before. It would be easy to just be near him again. She wanted to hold him in her arms and show him how she felt about him. She wondered where she should stand. She leaned on the kitchen counter and decided she looked dumb. She stood up against the wall and adjusted her dress, pulling the material down further to expose more shoulder. Then as she stood there she realized she probably looked staged. She walked back into the kitchen and opened the fridge. She grabbed a bottle of water and took a drink. She thought about the car and how hard Jordan had been on himself. She remembered the look on his face when he said it wasn't his fault. Knowing that he blamed himself made her heart ache. So many things about Jordan were becoming clear to her.

She was deep in thought when Jordan came through the door. He looked worried. She smiled at him as he walked toward her.

"Hi," he said shyly.